Vietnam tourism ministry cries for relief aid
Local authorities have proposed the government remove obstacles for the tourism industry which is heavily affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has submitted to the government measures to relieve the ordeal of the tourism industry caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
|A hotel in Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Photo: Tien Phong Online|
The relief measures are corresponding to scenarios depending on the evolution of the pandemic.
In the first scenario, if the pandemic is contained only in Vietnam, the industry will focus on stimulating the domestic tourism market with emphasis on Meetings, incentives, conferencing, exhibitions (MICE) and roll out a promotional campaign themed “Vietnam - Safe tourism.”
In the second scenario, if the pandemic is contained in Vietnam and some other countries, the industry is expected to launch a communication campaign to promote “Vietnam NOW - Safety and Smiling”, a tourism stimulus program with discounts and enhance outbound tourism promotion to those countries free from the pandemic.
For the last one where the pandemic is under control worldwide, promotional programs and stimulus packages will be launched for both domestic and international tourists, especially through increasing flight frequencies, opening more air routes, visa exemption and visa fee reduction.
- A serviced residence in Hanoi won International Property Awards 2021
- Vietnam's hotels win TripAdvisor travelers’ award
- Vietnam lodging facilities required to publish QR Codes for tourists to check safety level
- The first Wink Hotels in Vietnam opens
- Vietnamese hotel brand for technology lovers debuts
- Hanoi hotel is one among the most exciting international hotel openings in 2021
- Hanoi: Economical hotel prices for New Year holiday
- The first three SOJO Hotels debut
- Hanoi exchange program lures 500 chefs
Hanoi tourism adapts to new situation
Vietnam regains its position as most ideal investment location: foreign expert
Hanoi is once again Covid-19-free zone
Hanoi exerts efforts to reopen the economy and adapt to a new normalcy
"Plastic-19 Lockdown" Challenge launched
US$30 million climate change adaptation project launched in Vietnam
Vietnam starts Covid-19 vaccine administration for children aged 12-17
Live Fully in Viet Nam campaign to kick-off inbound tourism
Vietnam – example in telecom infrastructure development: ITU