Vietnam’s Ong Cua ST25 rice available in UK market
The fact that Ong Cua ST25 rice is being distributed in the UK market shows the quality and status of Vietnamese rice on the global market.
Ho Quang Tri Company, the owner of the Ong Cua ST25 rice brand, has signed an agreement with food distributor EUTEK Group for exclusive distribution of the rice variety in the UK market.
|Developer of ST25 rice Ho Quang Cua from Ho Quang Tri Company. File photo|
Director of EUTEK Group Nguyen Hai Nam noted following the first shipment of Ong Cua ST25 to the UK, the company has received a positive response from the Asian community.
“The fact that Ong Cua ST25 rice is distributed in the UK market shows the quality and status of Vietnamese rice on the global stage,” Nam said.
According to Nam, EUTEK Group’s development strategy in the upcoming time is to focus on promoting rice products and specialties from Vietnam in the UK, especially as the UK-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (UKVFTA), which became effective in May 2021, is serving as the main driving force for trade relations between Vietnam and the UK.
The developer of ST25 rice Ho Quang Cua said Ho Quang Tri company has previously sent two containers of Ong Cua ST25 rice into Australia and received good responses from local customers.
Cua said the signing of a distribution agreement with EUTEK Group would help further promote Vietnamese rice in this market.
Generic plant variety S25 is a result of hard work for over 25 years of agronomist Ho Quang Cua along with a local group of scientists from Ho Quang Tri company, located in Soc Trang province in the Mekong Delta in southern Vietnam.
ST25 rice that comes from the plant won the title of World's Best Rice in 2019 and second prize in 2020, making it a source of pride for Vietnam's agricultural sector.
- Manulife Vietnam launches ‘Bridge the Gap’ campaign to raise awareness of insurance protection
- AkzoNobel Vietnam proudly protects Cu Lao Xanh lighthouse against harsh weather
- UK trade mission seeks opportunities to develop smart cities in Vietnam
- Hanoi’s university and VinFast cooperate to expand electric vehicle infrastructure
- Make commitment to net zero greenhouse gas emissions
- Hanoi has one new service center
- Hanoi to have three more UNIQLO stores
- Top Vietnamese entrepreneurs honored in 2022
- ITAP 2022 catalyzes sustainable growth for advanced manufacturing in region
- FPT Software produces Make in Vietnam chips
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
Hanoi Tourism Ao Dai Festival 2022 to be held next week
Library of antique books and newspapers for Hanoi lovers
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
Australia funds electric vehicle infrastructure in Vietnam
Hanoi: Asia's Leading Tourism Destination 2022
Director Dang Nhat Minh honored with film on Hanoi lives
NA agrees to raise basic wage next July