62% of agricultural cooperatives in Hanoi operate efficiently
The Hanoitimes - Being members of agricultural cooperatives, farmers are now able to focus on production, while commercialization of their products becomes more professional.
Statistics from Hanoi’s Department of Agricultural and Rural Development indicate that among 947 functioning agricultural cooperatives under evaluation, 586, or nearly 62% of the total, are operating efficiently.
|Agricultural production at a cooperative in Me Linh district.|
Additionally, other 334 (35.3%) operates moderately and the remaining 27 are considered inefficient.
For decades, agricultural cooperatives have played a key role in supplying agricultural materials, distributing and advertising farm produce.
More importantly, these cooperatives help farmers focus on production and make commercialization of their product more professional.
Hanoi currently has 70 agricultural cooperatives that form production chains and cooperate with each other in distributing products; 50 are using hi-tech in production; 31 have 106 products qualified under the One Commune, One Product (OCOP) program, which honors goods produced by craft villages.
Nevertheless, Director of the Hanoi Rural Development Division under the municipal Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Nguyen Van Chi said there remain shortcomings in the operation of these cooperatives, including the lack of production chains and technological application in large scale production.
To further enhance efficiency in operation of agricultural cooperatives, the municipal Department of Agricultural and Rural Development said it is essential to raise farmers’ awareness regarding the role of agricultural cooperatives in the process of production and farm produce distribution.
Moreover, local authorities should multiply models of well-run farmers’ cooperatives and promote the formation of production chains.
- Hanoi tightens Covid-19 preventive measures to protect safety for National Party Congress
- Hanoi Party chief urges major tech firms to set up R&D centers
- Hanoi to open 89 spring fairs for Tet holiday
- “Vietnamese Communist Party through its Congresses” Exhibition opens
- Russia to resume commercial flights to Hanoi later this month
- Singapore willing to share experiences in smart city development with Hanoi
- Hanoi identifies development of innovation startups as key target in 2021-25
- Hanoi committed to further supporting enterprise development in 2021
- Exhibition "Our Great Party" opens
- Results needed to build trust among public: Hanoi Party chief
Good preparations for qualified candidates: State President
Vietnam gov’t to facilitate digitalization among local firms
Deputy PM urges state-run firm Vinacomin to speed up privatization
US intensifies efforts in addressing war legacies
Member states attend forum preparing for 2021 Shangri-La Dialogue
Int’l. media impressed with Vietnam economic successes amid pandemic
Vietnam to mobilize all forces for National Assembly election
Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home