April 3: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases hit 237, 85 recover
The Hanoitimes - The active cases are under treatment at 21 hospitals and clinics nationwide.
Vietnam has confirmed 237 people infected with the novel coronavirus at the end of April 3, 85 of them have recovered, statistics by the Ministry of Health showed.
|Vietnam is taking good care of Covid-19 patients. Photo: VnExpress|
The newly-announced cases include Vietnamese nationals coming from abroad (mostly students, visitors, and workers), those linked to Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi, those in close contact with people visiting Buddha bar in Ho Chi Minh City, and few in the community.
So far, there are 43 cases in connection with Bach Mai Hospital, including 27 from Truong Sinh Company that supplies catering services to the hospital, 9 inpatients, two outpatients, two nurses, and patients’ relatives.
Meanwhile, 18 infected cases are linked to Buddha bar.
According to the Ministry of Health, there remain 3,761 people suspected of having the virus while 75,458 people have been tested for SARS-CoV-2.
As many as 101,534 are under quarantine, including 35,504 at military barracks. Among Vietnamese nationals returning to the country from abroad, those from Cambodia top the list with 15,134, according to the National Committee for Search and Rescue (Vinasarcom).
Vietnam is undertaking four types of quarantine, including (1) at medical stations for people who made close contact (F1) with the infected ones (F0); (2) at concentrated facilities for those who made contact with the ones having spent time with the infected people; (3) at home for people who contact with those in (2) case; (4) and an area that has one or more infected people.
- May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
- May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
- Vietnam’s health ministry plans to repatriate Covid-19 British patient
- May 18: Vietnam coronavirus cases hit 324, latest infections are imported
- May 15: Vietnam records 25 new Covid-19 cases, all imported
- Vietnam mobilizes best doctors to cure British Covid-19 patient
- Lung transplant indicated for British Covid-19 patient
- May 12: Vietnam goes through 26 days without new local coronavirus infection
- May 11: Eight more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, infection count flat
- May 7: Vietnam confirms 17 more coronavirus cases, all imported
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots