Half of coronavirus cases in Vietnam recover
The Hanoitimes - To be considered healthy, Covid-19 patients need to test negative for the virus three consecutive times and go through quarantine for two weeks.
As of April 7 evening, Vietnam has confirmed 249 people infected with SARS-CoV-2 and nearly half of them have fully recovered and been discharged from hospital, according to the Ministry of Health.
|Medical workers in the font lines of the fight against coronavirus. Photo: Tuoi Tre|
As many as 122 Covid-19 patients have been cured and released from hospital at the time of writing, accounting for 49% of the total infected cases.
In addition, 32 other patients have tested negative for the virus once and two others twice.
Under medical rules, people are considered convalescents if their coronavirus tests turn negative three consecutive times. After that, they need to go through two-week quarantine since the virus can remain dormant for days after Covid-19 symptoms disappear.
Out of coronavirus-infected people, 156 came from abroad, accounting for 62.6%, and 93 people are of secondary transmission. Further, 18.8% are foreigners.
Vietnam offers free-of-charge treatment for local patients but foreign patients need to pay bills, except for tests and fees during the quarantine.
Hanoi continues taking the lead in terms of infections count with 114 (including 49 convalescents) while Ho Chi Minh City ranks second with 54 (including 31 convalescents).
- May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
- Vietnam’s health ministry plans to repatriate Covid-19 British patient
- May 18: Vietnam coronavirus cases hit 324, latest infections are imported
- May 15: Vietnam records 25 new Covid-19 cases, all imported
- Vietnam mobilizes best doctors to cure British Covid-19 patient
- Lung transplant indicated for British Covid-19 patient
- May 12: Vietnam goes through 26 days without new local coronavirus infection
- May 11: Eight more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, infection count flat
- May 7: Vietnam confirms 17 more coronavirus cases, all imported
- May 5: Vietnam reports 11 more convalescents, 86% of total patients recover
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Administrative reform remains core in Vietnam gov’t drive for 5%-GDP growth
Vietnam okays e-visa for citizens of 80 countries from July 1
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots