Rumors on Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi under lockdown untrue
The Hanoitimes - Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi city still carries out medical examination and emergency as usual.
The information that Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi is locked down due to the detection of two coronavirus infections here is false, Kinh Te & Do Thi reported.
The hospital carries out medical examination and emergency as usual. However, to ensure the safety for patients, the hospital has halted the medical services not covered by health insurance to avoid crowds in the inpatient area.
|Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi is not locked down. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
Some other patients will be provided medicines enough to be used at home for two months to avoid hospital congestion.
To protect patients and their relatives, the hospital recommended that everyone entering the hospital should have their body temperature checked and wear face masks.
To avoid crowds, the hospital has suspended delivery of goods to its gates and ban motorbike taxi in its campus.
Currently, the hospital has provided hand sanitizers at positions which are at high risk of exposure such as elevators, doors, among others.
Bach Mai Hospital’s Infection Control Department has coordinated with the Hanoi Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to sterilize the hospital’s campus.
Two nurses working at the hospital were confirmed positive with the coronavirus on March 20, becoming the first medical staff in Vietnam infected with the virus.
Vietnam has reported 106 coronavirus cases at the time of writing, of them seventeen have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
Hanoi now has 29 active coronavirus-infected cases, the largest number in Vietnam.
- May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
- May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
- Vietnam’s health ministry plans to repatriate Covid-19 British patient
- May 18: Vietnam coronavirus cases hit 324, latest infections are imported
- May 15: Vietnam records 25 new Covid-19 cases, all imported
- Vietnam mobilizes best doctors to cure British Covid-19 patient
- Lung transplant indicated for British Covid-19 patient
- May 12: Vietnam goes through 26 days without new local coronavirus infection
- May 11: Eight more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, infection count flat
- May 7: Vietnam confirms 17 more coronavirus cases, all imported
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots