Bus network now covers 78% of Hanoi’s territory
The Hanoitimes - Total number of passengers using buses across Hanoi city in 2019 is estimated at 510.5 million.
Hanoi currently has 124 bus routes, covering 30 districts and towns, 453 out of 584 communes, representing a coverage ratio of 78%, local media quoted a report at a meeting on November 4.
The report also showed that public passenger transport continues to grow. Total number of passengers using public transport across the city in 2019 is estimated at 948.5 million. Of the number, 510.5 million are transported by bus, meeting about 17.03% of the people’s commuting demand, an increase of 3.2 percentage points compared to 2017.
In the time ahead, the Hanoi People's Committee will keep expanding and improving the quality of public transport services by bus from now to 2020.
Hanoi’s authority will strengthen information technology application in traffic management in order to maximize the capacity of existing transport infrastructure, ensure traffic safety and order and contribute to limiting traffic accidents.
The city also aims to soon complete two schemes namely "Collecting toll on vehicles in some urban areas at risk of traffic congestion and environmental pollution" and "Zoning to curb motorbikes in accordance with infrastructure and service capacity of public transport system to ban motorbikes in the districts in 2030".
The municipal authority also encourages people to use public transport instead of private vehicles.
- Hanoi must tighten Covid-19 discipline: Municipal Party chief
- Hanoi to realize Red river zoning plan to serve smart city development
- Hanoi targets to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 15% in 2030
- Hanoi's economic growth set to reach 3.94% this year
- Sleepless night in Hanoi as people looking for bargain deals
- Switzerland eyes signing of Vietnam–EFTA trade deal next year: Amb.
- Hanoi targets to have 10 logistics centers
- Hanoi pushes for cooperation with peers to boost domestic consumption
- Logistics firms in Hanoi only meet 25% of demand: City Party chief
- Innovation festival raises endogenous resources to promote Hanoi’s development
Hanoi to realize Red river zoning plan to serve smart city development
Hanoi must tighten Covid-19 discipline: Municipal Party chief
Hanoi Museum - special cultural destination for tourists
Hanoi prioritizes developing solar, waste-to-energy by 2025
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam