Vietnam food Vlog platform Capichi launched in Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - Capichi, a Vietnamese food Vlog platform, has been launched on March 25 with projection to Southeast Asian markets.
Capichi, a food video platform, has been launched to tap into the huge potential of food & beverage (F&B) market in Vietnam on March 25 in Hanoi.
|Capichi, the food Vlog platform|
Capichi’s survey shows there are about 540,000 F&B stores in Vietnam, including over 430,00 small restaurants, 7,000 fast food stores, 22,000 coffee shops and bars, and over 80,000 system stores.
These numbers show the big potential of the F&B market in Vietnam, according to the startup, which is led by the 23-year-old CEO Taiki Mori. According to the CEO, Capichi has successfully raised a funding of VND4 billion (US$203,690) from three Japanese individual investors and one financial company.
Capichi allows users to display short videos and review about restaurants or coffee shops. Vietnamese people can find it easier to go to their favorite shops by consulting videos posted on the platform. In Capichi, users no longer get search results such as “Finding difficult to search cuisine locations”, “Online shops’ images are different from the real ones”.
The startup expects to become a popular platform, where stores and customers can connect with each other easily and together they could make a vibrant business environment, and contribute to the strong F&B industry in Vietnam.
|CEO Taiki Mori|
In 2020, it expects the number of users to reach 500,000 users, 1,000 partner stores and expand its market to Ho Chi Minh City and Danang, according to CEO Mori.
Capichi plans to conquer Southeast Asian markets and other countries in the future.
- US firm seeks to invest US$15 billion in power project in central Vietnam
- Vietnam discovers oil & gas well with record reserves
- Vietnam pilots extension of night activities to 6am in major cities
- European businesses in Vietnam hope to return to normalcy in future: EuroCham
- European pharma group suggests Vietnam lead R&D hub in region
- Vietnam's reforms to unlock potential of EVFTA: EuroCham
- ExxonMobil to soon expand investment in Vietnam
- Vietnam listed preferred partner in US supply chains
- Vietnam’s North-South Expressway project gets fresh air
- Foreign investors remain interested in Vietnam insurance market
Hanoi to enter intense phase of coronavirus battle next week
PM asks for balance in pursuing dual target amid Covid-19 crisis
Hanoi appoints personnel replacing suspended mayor
Hanoi to suspend entertainment activities to mourn late Party chief
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors