Cho Ray-Phnom Penh hospital inaugurated
Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung and his host Hun Sen cut the red ribbon, inaugurating the Cho Ray-Phnom Penh hospital in Cambodia’s capital on January 13.
The hospital, the first health cooperation project between Vietnam and Cambodia, got off the ground in May 2010 at an initial cost of US$40 million. It has 200 beds in the first phase, and will have 300 more in the second phase.
The facility, equipped with modern technology, provides a full range of specialties, from surgery to paediatrics, obstetrics, emergencies, image diagnostics, and laboratory.
It will help reduce an overload at Phnom Penh-based hospitals and meet local demands for medical check-ups and treatment.
At the inauguration ceremony, PM Dung noted economic and investment ties between Vietnam and Cambodia have developed rapidly in recent times. Many Vietnamese-invested projects in Cambodia have been put into operation, spurring local socio-economic development and improving people’s living conditions.
He expressed his belief Vietnamese localities and businesses will invest in more healthcare projects in Cambodia, to address local people’s needs.
For his part, PM Hun Sen said the hospital is an exemplary role model for healthcare cooperation between Cambodia and Vietnam. He said he hopes the hospital will create an ideal environment for Cambodia and Vietnamese doctors to share experience and transfer technology.
PM Dung arrived in Phnom Penh on January 12 for a three-day visit to Cambodia at the invitation of PM Hun Sen.
- Vietnam, Laos boost construction of road linking two capital cities
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam end group stage without conceding a goal
- Visitors to Vietnam no longer required Covid-19 testing
- US-ASEAN Joint Statement reaffirms comprehensive Dialogue Relations
- EU-funded program promotes women’s economic empowerment in Vietnam
- Indonesia defense minister visits Vietnam, highlighting navy cooperation
- Vietnam calls for more support to ASEAN’s Centrality
- Vietnam, US share view of peace and prosperity in Indo-Pacific region
- Biden nominates ambassador to ASEAN
- Vietnam secure hard-fought victory over Myanmar
Dream of a riverside city
SEA Games 31: Vietnam end group stage without conceding a goal
Vietnam’s business environment favorable for foreign investors: Warburg Pincus
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour
Vietnamese PM meets American giant corporations in Washington
EC recognizes Vietnam's Covid-19 digital certificates