FEB 5: Two more Vietnam provinces confirm new Covid-19 cases
All the newly-infected cases are linked to the Hai Duong outbreak that was detected a week ago.
Two more provinces in Vietnam have confirmed new Covid-19 cases of local transmission, lifting up the total affected localities to 12, mostly in the north.
|Disinfection at an affected area. Photo: Zing|
On Friday, the country reported 19 additional cases, including four in the northern mountainous provinces of Dien Bien and Ha Giang. All the patients are linked to the Hai Duong outbreak.
The new infections have prompted local authorities to put a district in Hai Duong on lockdown, besides Chi Linh City and several communes.
To meet the rising demand, three field hospitals with total capacity of more than 2,000 beds have been built in Hai Duong.
With the newly-infected cases, Vietnam’s tally reaches 1,976 and the death remains 35.
Top government officials, including Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam and Health Minister Nguyen Thanh Long have worked with local authorities to seek solutions preventing the outbreak of Covid-19. Meanwhile, health experts have come to the affected areas to support localities in quarantine, testing, and treatment.
All efforts are aimed to curb the pandemic under control as soon as possible as the country’s biggest holiday – Tet or the Lunar New Year – is approaching. Before the holiday, demand for traveling surges, posing threats to Covid-19 transmission.
- Cho Ray Hospital recognized as regional nephrology training center
- Vietnam to receive 811,200 Covax vaccine doses in early April
- Vietnam gives nod to Russian made Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam’s first kidney transplant for boy with genetic mutation succeeds
- Vietnam to receive over 5.6 million Covid-19 vaccine doses in two months
- Hanoi’s health sector details Covid-19 vaccine rollout plan
- Vietnam warned to be on high alert of H5N8 avian flu strain
- Bluezone Covid-19 tracking app exceeds 30 million downloads
- Vietnam has first super-cold freezer for Covid-19 vaccines
- Nearly 600 direct contacts of deceased Japanese patient negative for coronavirus
Citizen engagement makes Covid-19 fight successful in Vietnam
C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
Japanese and Vietnamese artists to perform symphony concert
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking
Vietnam to cut research time of Covid-19 vaccines amid thin supply
Corporate bonds of real estate - risky commercial debt for investors