First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - This is an occasion for Hanoi to honor and promote the rich and long-standing cultural and intellectual values as well as the humanistic culture of the land of the Rising Dragon.
The first-ever Folk Culture in Contemporary Life festival will take place at the Ly Thai To Garden at the heart of Hanoi this weekend.
The three-day event starting from December 13 is part of activities to celebrate Hanoi's new membership as it has been named among 66 new admissions of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)’s Network of Creative Cities.
This is an occasion for Hanoi to honor and promote the rich and long-standing cultural and intellectual values as well as the humanistic culture of the land of the Rising Dragon.
Folk painting schools like Hang Trong, Kim Hoang, Dong Ho and modern paintings made with silk, ceramic tile, and brocades will be showcased at the site where visitors can experience the creation process under the mentorship by artisans.
The Folk Culture in Contemporary Life festival will feature 20 booths displaying earthenware of Bat Trang, silk of Van Phuc, bamboo products of Phu Vinh and lacquer ware of Ha Thai village.
Also under the framework of the festival, visitors will enjoy the demonstrations of intangible cultural activities in modern life including the singing of ca tru, xam and trong quan, among other art genres.
Hanoi currently boasts nearly 6,000 historical relic sites, over 1,700 intangible cultural heritages and folk arts.
- Hanoi hosts expo to mark President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
- Series of New Year festivals suspended due to coronavirus epidemic
- Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
- “Balade en France” – French cuisine festival in the heart of Hanoi
- Vietnamese traditional Tet recreated in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
- International Food Festival: Where warm hearts shine
- Upland market recreated in Hanoi to welcome new year
- World-famous French wine Beaujolais Nouveau 2019 to be held in Hanoi
- Hanoi to host serial activities to honor Vietnamese ethnic groups’ cultural quintessence
Effective Covid-19 response will further boost Vietnam’s status as an attractive market: AmCham
1,000 Japaneses firms looking for investment opportunities in Vietnam
Viet Solutions contest encourages application of Vietnam digital technology
Hanoi's face mask donation arrives in New York
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget