First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - This is an occasion for Hanoi to honor and promote the rich and long-standing cultural and intellectual values as well as the humanistic culture of the land of the Rising Dragon.
The first-ever Folk Culture in Contemporary Life festival will take place at the Ly Thai To Garden at the heart of Hanoi this weekend.
The three-day event starting from December 13 is part of activities to celebrate Hanoi's new membership as it has been named among 66 new admissions of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)’s Network of Creative Cities.
This is an occasion for Hanoi to honor and promote the rich and long-standing cultural and intellectual values as well as the humanistic culture of the land of the Rising Dragon.
Folk painting schools like Hang Trong, Kim Hoang, Dong Ho and modern paintings made with silk, ceramic tile, and brocades will be showcased at the site where visitors can experience the creation process under the mentorship by artisans.
The Folk Culture in Contemporary Life festival will feature 20 booths displaying earthenware of Bat Trang, silk of Van Phuc, bamboo products of Phu Vinh and lacquer ware of Ha Thai village.
Also under the framework of the festival, visitors will enjoy the demonstrations of intangible cultural activities in modern life including the singing of ca tru, xam and trong quan, among other art genres.
Hanoi currently boasts nearly 6,000 historical relic sites, over 1,700 intangible cultural heritages and folk arts.
- Ao dai festival lures visitors in Hanoi
- Cultural quintessence of Japan, South Korea presented to Hanoi people
- Vietnam International Tourism Mart 2020 opens in Hanoi
- Hanoi to cooperate with central region to promote domestic tourism post Covid-19
- November cultural activities highlight Great Unity – National Root in Hanoi
- Hanoi’s enterprises join hands to launch “Tourism Promotion Day”
- Hanoi to host BridgeFest Music Festival 2020
- Hanoi to host Charming Autumn program to stimulate domestic tourism
- “Vietnam - Go there to experience” to kick off for domestic travelers
- Hanoi hosts expo to mark President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
Vietnam, Laos resume flights
Big unexploded bomb removed from downtown Hanoi
Actual FDI in Vietnam down 2.4% to US$17.2 billion in Jan-Nov
Vietnam expects to massively produce own Covid-19 vaccine by mid-2022: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam