Vietnam Airlines suspends flights from Europe to Vietnam
The airline still maintains flights from Vietnam to Europe as usual to help European passengers return to their countries.
Starting from March 15, national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines would only operate empty flights from London, Paris and Frankfurt back to Vietnam, and maintains flights from Vietnam to Europe, local media reported.
The move is part of the airline’s efforts to prevent the spread of Covid-19 epidemic, said the airline.
Meanwhile, Vietnam Airlines’ flights on March 14 from London, Paris and Frankfurt to Vietnam are business as usual, but they would be rerouted to land in Van Don and Can Tho airports instead of Noi Bai and Tan Son Nhat airports, with passengers being subject to mandatory quarantine.
Passengers affected by changes in flight schedules between and Vietnam and Europe could apply for a new flight date or new flight route for free, said the airline.
Previously, Vietnam Airlines announced it would temporarily reduce the number of flights between Vietnam and Europe by 14 flights per week. The routes include those between Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City and London/Paris/Frankfurt.
With growing uncertainties surrounding the Covid-19 epidemic in Europe, Bamboo Airways has delayed its first flight to Praha from March 29 to April 26.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs on March 14 released a statement saying from March 15, foreign nationals will be temporarily refused entry to Vietnam if in the previous 14 days they have been to the United Kingdom, or any Schengen country, including in transit. Granting visa on arrival will also be temporarily suspended. This restriction will be in place for 30 days and not applied to those bearing diplomatic or official passports.
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam bag gold medals for women’s football
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam and Thailand to compete for football gold medal
- Vietnam, Singapore parliaments ink agreement to boost cooperation
- PM ends US trip with prospects of enhanced relations
- Greece wants to be transshipment hub for Vietnam goods to EU
- Vietnam seeks UNICEF support for children-focused SDGs by 2030
- Vietnam seeks climate finance from G7
- Hanoi gives SEA Games 31 warm, thoughtful welcome
- Vietnam, Laos boost construction of road linking two capital cities
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam end group stage without conceding a goal
Hanoi’s specialty listed among CNN's best Asian noodle dishes
Hanoi earmarks US$1 billion for Ring road No.4 project
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Hanoi handicrafts attract international SEA Games 31 guests
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development