Foreign visitors to Vietnam marks record growth in November
The Hanoitimes - Asia still held the lion’s share among the Vietnamese tourist markets, making up 81.1% of total foreign arrivals to Vietnam in November.
Vietnam’s tourism industry witnessed a new historical milestone as the number of international arrivals reached a record 1.8 million in November, raising the combined number of foreign arrivals to Vietnam in the January- November period to 16.3 million, accordingly the General Statistics Office.
In November, the number of visitors to Vietnam increased by 11.8% inter-monthly. Of the amount, the number of people coming by air and road rose 13% and 8.6% respectively while those arriving by sea plunged 19.2% as Typhoon Nakri pounded provinces across Vietnam’s Southern Central region.
Asia still held the lion’s share among the Vietnamese tourist markets, making up 81.1% of total foreign visitors to Vietnam in November, up 47.6%. Of the amount, Chinese and South Korean visitors made up 57.3%.
In the past 11 months, Vietnam welcomed 12.98 million guests from Asia, accounting for 79.6% of the total and up 18.2% year-on-year. Of the amount, arrivals from some markets including China, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, among others, increased steadily.
The statistics also show growing trends of arrivals from Europe and America as arrivals from Europe were 1.98 million, up 6.3% year-on-year, and the number of American holidaymakers visiting the country amounted to 891,800 up 7.4% year-on-year.
- Why foreign tourists hesitate to spend big in Vietnam?
- Travel business earns exclusive rights to offer tours to Son Doong cave for 10 years
- Exploring singularities of 54 Vietnamese ethnic groups right in Hanoi
- Vietnam tourism earns two world’s leading titles for first time
- Foreign visitors to Vietnam marks record growth in November
- Hanoi ranks second in top 10 honeymoon cities in Asia
- Capturing enthralling pinky buckwheat flowers in Ha Giang this November
- First phase of highest glass bridge in Vietnam opened in Lai Chau
- Poland – the country of amazing destinations
- Ha Long Bay among world’s 25 most beautiful places: CNN
Vietnam, US hold defense policy dialogue in Washington DC
Vietnam prioritizes oil and gas cooperation with Russia: PM
Actions advised for Vietnam to lure investors amid energy crunch
Hanoi takes concrete actions to tap its soft power potential: Mayor
China risks flare-up over Vietnamese gas resources: CSIS
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force calls for stronger ties with Vietnam
First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor