Foreign visitors to Vietnam marks record growth in November
The Hanoitimes - Asia still held the lion’s share among the Vietnamese tourist markets, making up 81.1% of total foreign arrivals to Vietnam in November.
Vietnam’s tourism industry witnessed a new historical milestone as the number of international arrivals reached a record 1.8 million in November, raising the combined number of foreign arrivals to Vietnam in the January- November period to 16.3 million, accordingly the General Statistics Office.
In November, the number of visitors to Vietnam increased by 11.8% inter-monthly. Of the amount, the number of people coming by air and road rose 13% and 8.6% respectively while those arriving by sea plunged 19.2% as Typhoon Nakri pounded provinces across Vietnam’s Southern Central region.
Asia still held the lion’s share among the Vietnamese tourist markets, making up 81.1% of total foreign visitors to Vietnam in November, up 47.6%. Of the amount, Chinese and South Korean visitors made up 57.3%.
In the past 11 months, Vietnam welcomed 12.98 million guests from Asia, accounting for 79.6% of the total and up 18.2% year-on-year. Of the amount, arrivals from some markets including China, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, among others, increased steadily.
The statistics also show growing trends of arrivals from Europe and America as arrivals from Europe were 1.98 million, up 6.3% year-on-year, and the number of American holidaymakers visiting the country amounted to 891,800 up 7.4% year-on-year.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum ceases guest service from March 23 on Covid
- Hanoi remains a friendly-safe destination for foreign tourists despite Covid-19
- Tourist sites nationwide closed to visitors due to Covid
- Tourist destinations in Hanoi remain closed until March 31 on Covid-19
- Vietnam agency recommends denial of tourists from coronavirus-hit regions
- Pilgrims asked to wear masks when visiting pagodas and temples
- Official ground-breaking and announcement ceremony for BRG Garden City project in Ha Nam
- Announcement ceremony for Chu Dau Ceramic Village tourist attraction
- Vietnam reaches target of welcoming 18 million foreign arrivals in 2019
- Why foreign tourists hesitate to spend big in Vietnam?
Vietnam rejects Beijing’s South China Sea claims at United Nations
Vietnam donates half million face masks to five European countries crippled by Covid-19
Hanoi mulls extending social distancing period: Mayor
April 7: Half of coronavirus cases in Vietnam recover
98% enterprises in Vietnam to benefit from fiscal stimulus package
A bird's eye view of Hanoi streets in social distancing period
Vietnam transport ministry proposes support for coronavirus-hit airlines
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing