Formula One Vietnam Grand Prix canceled due to Covid-19
The Hanoitimes - The Formula 1 Vietnamese Grand Prix 2020 was expected to attract high-income tourists to Hanoi.
After much hearsay and pondering, the Formula 1 (F1) Vietnamese Grand Prix 2020 has been finally canceled after being postponed in March due to Covid-19.
The decision was made after discussions among the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), Formula One World Championship Ltd, the Hanoi People’s Committee, and the Vietnamese Motorsports Association (VMA).
“This has been an extremely difficult but necessary decision to reach in view of the continued uncertainty caused by the global coronavirus pandemic,” the announcement wrote.
The total number of races scheduled to be held this season was 17, of which 13, including the Vietnam Grand Prix, have been canceled.
In August, the F1 Race Organizing Board announced four additional races for the 2020 F1 calendar which will be held in Turkey, Bahrain (hosting two races), and Abu Dhabi and Vietnam is off the list.
Before the announcement, Hanoi had dismantled the circuit infrastructure at the My Dinh Sports Complex since early October.
Vietnam Grand Prix Corporation will refund all tickets of the 2020 Formula 1 Vietnam Grand Prix.
The F1 race in Hanoi was expected to be not only a sport event but also an important cultural, and tourist event for the city and the whole country.
- All enterprises in Hanoi use e-invoicing, meeting target 3 months in advance
- Hanoi metro’s safety evaluation expected to be completed in December
- Hanoi expo held to lure foreign investment in supporting industries
- Hanoi proposes solutions for replacing plastic ware
- French experts to arrive in Hanoi soon for metro safety evaluation
- Made-in-Vietnam Goods Week held in Hanoi to stimulate consumption
- Hanoi ends three-day garbage crisis
- Hanoi ranks third nationwide in FDI attraction with US$3.13 billion
- Hanoi party officials assigned with new tasks
- Hanoi Party chief requests urgent solution of garbage crisis
Hanoi enforces face mask wearing regulation in public places: Mayor
Hanoi expected to realize disbursement target of ODA funds in 2020
Hanoi metro’s safety evaluation expected to be completed in December
Hanoi baguette featuring Vietnamese national flag goes viral
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam