Hanoi leads country in urban infrastructure investment
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi currently has 38 urban infrastructure projects, 17 of them would be completed this year, while the remaining projects are under evaluation and calling for investment.
Hanoi leads the country in both the number of works and total value of investment in urban infrastructure development, Kinh Te & Do Thi quoted Director of the municipal Department of Construction Vo Nguyen Phong at a conference held by the city’s Party Committee on on September 30.
|Director of the municipal Department of Construction Vo Nguyen Phong presents the report at the conference. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
Hanoi currently has 38 urban infrastructure projects, Phong said, adding that according to the plan, 17 of them would be completed this year, while the remaining projects are under evaluation and calling for investment.
Hanoi's bus network has met approximately 16.08% of the travel demand of local residents. As the largest in the country, Hanoi's 122-line bus network covers all 30 districts and towns.
The total capacity of water supply from all the city’s water purifiers has reached about 1,520,000 cubic meters per day, basically ensuring safe water for urban residents and adjacent rural areas which have been connected to the water supply system.
Hanoi has also completed the program of "planting one million new trees" which was launched in 2016. Between 2019 and 2020, 600,000 more trees have been planted in the city.
Besides, with the goal of protecting and improving the environment for sustainable urban development, a system of monitoring stations to assess air pollution has been set up. It allows Hanoi to forecast with better precision the level of pollution and map out a specific pollution control plan with a detailed roadmap.
- Hanoi announces action plan to realize 2021 socio-economic targets
- Hanoians to celebrate Tet in cold weather
- Hanoi ensures safe water for all local residents
- Vietnamese have faith in decisions made at 13th National Party Congress
- Hanoi sets five orientations to ensure success of 13th National Party Congress tenure 2021-25
- Hanoi gives gifts to needy workers
- “Vietnamese Communist Party through its Congresses” Exhibition underway
- National Party Congress opens in Hanoi today
- Stamp collection issued to celebrate 13th National Party Congress
- Press Center for National Party Congress opens in Hanoi
Vietnam records 82 new Covid-19 community infections
The 3rd Day of National Congress: Picking Central Party members
Hanoi people put high expectations on the 13th National Party Congress
Agent Orange trial made headlines in France
Vietnam to launch secondary market for corporate bonds this year
13th National Party Congress sets vision for Vietnam development next 5 years: Int’l media
What do foreign media cover Vietnam’s top political meeting?
F0 investors learn hard lesson from stock market volatility
Vietnam, Australia to strengthen ties to strategic partnership by 2023