Hanoi set to host traditional festivities for ethnic groups
The Hanoitimes - Several festivals held by various ethnic groups will be celebrated at the Culture Tourism Village of Vietnamese Ethnic Groups in Hanoi this month.
During the three-day (February 15-17) event the Sac Xuan Tren Moi Mien To Quoc (Spring in Every Region Nationwide) festival will stage the bumper crop-praying ceremony of the Lo Lo group in Ha Giang Province, the New Year horse racing of the Mong, and the traditional wrestling contest of the Kinh (ethnic majority).
In addition, the New Year Festival of the Dao from Bang Ca Village in Hoanh Bo District in Quang Ninh Province, the Han Cuong New Year celebration of the Thai group, and the gong festival of the Muong in Hoa Binh will also be presented.
The husband-catching festival of the Chu Ru in Lam Dong, the rice-planting festival of the B'rau in Kon Tum, the rain-praying ceremony of the Cor people in Quang Nam, and the traditional New Year Pang Kate Festival of the Cham in Binh Thuan will also be on display for visitors.
The organisers expect the February event will not only promote unique ethnic cultures, but also expose foreign tourists to Vietnam's diverse cultures.The Culture Tourism Village of Vietnamese Ethnic Groups is located in Dong Mo, Son Tay Town, about 40km west of Hanoi centre.
- Hanoi hosts 11th European-Vietnamese Documentary Film Festival
- Hanoi hosts Shining Full Moon program
- Vietnamese users like variety in content on Youtube
- Hanoi hosts German Film Festival 2020
- Vietnam allows bars and karaoke parlors to reopen
- Hanoi may host F1 in November, but without int’l spectators
- My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
- Vietnam’s online book fair expected to reach 10 million hits
- Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
- Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
Responsible business should be promoted in Vietnam for more foreign investment: Workshop
Vietnam and Japan agree on entry protocol for short term visits
ASEAN traditional costumes displayed at exhibition in Hanoi
Foreign investors' perception key to help upgrade Vietnam stock market: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam