Hanoi tests 100 imported frozen food samples for corona virus
The Hanoitimes - All samples will be sent to the Hanoi CDC for corona virus testing.
Hanoi’ food safety inspection teams will take 100 samples of imported frozen food to test for SARS-CoV-2 virus by January 25, according to the Hanoi Center for Disease Control (CDC).
The move aims to assess the risk of Covid-19 disease transmission.
Hanoi's interdisciplinary food safety inspection team inspects a steak shop in Lieu Giai ward, Ba Dinh district. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
Specifically, the inspection team of the Hanoi Department of Food Safety and Health will take 40 samples, the team of the Department of Industry and Trade and the one from the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development each will take 30 samples.
All samples will be sent to the Hanoi CDC for corona virus testing.
Besides, the municipal government also requires food producers and traders to keep hygiene and periodically disinfect; arrange receptionists for measuring customers’ body temperature; place hand sanitizer solutions in a convenient location for customers and ask customers to obey masking regulations.
Facilities reserve the right to refuse customers who are not wearing a mask. The facilities who do not comply with Covid-19 prevention protocols will be fined or even closed.
Previously, at the end of November 2020, the Ministry of Health asked the ministries of Agriculture and Rural Development, Industry and Trade, Finance and the people's committees of provinces and cities to enforce measures for strictly controlling food imported from countries infected with Covid-19, especially frozen foods.
- Vietnam must control and forecast air quality by 2025: PM directive
- Vietnamese volunteers vaccinated with highest dose of Covid-19 are in good conditions
- Vietnam to import over 133 million doses of avian flu vaccine
- Vietnam to provide health insurance for all senior citizens in 2021
- Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
- Vietnam plans to scrap old vehicles over pollution concerns
- Vietnam to support Covid-19-affected workers on Tet holiday
- Hanoi to launch IT job trading floor this month
- Hanoi tests 100 imported frozen food samples for corona virus
- Schools are almost empty as freeze hits northern Vietnam
13th National Party Congress – a crucial milestone for Vietnam development
Vietnamese have faith in decisions made at 13th National Party Congress
RCEP reminds the world of Vietnam’s bright future
13th National Party Congress sets vision for Vietnam development next 5 years: Int’l media
What do foreign media cover Vietnam’s top political meeting?
F0 investors learn hard lesson from stock market volatility
Vietnam, Australia to strengthen ties to strategic partnership by 2023
US intensifies efforts in addressing war legacies
Member states attend forum preparing for 2021 Shangri-La Dialogue