Hanoi to enter intense phase of coronavirus battle next week
The Hanoitimes - Local authorities might require residents to stay at home as applied in the social distancing campaign in April.
A leader of Hanoi has said the city will enter an intense phase of the fight against Covid-19 next week after it has found eight local infections.
|Deputy Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Ngo Van Quy at a meeting on Aug 12. Photo: GiadinhNet|
Hanoi will continue drastic measures to curb the virus to prevent it from spreading to the community, Deputy Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Ngo Van Quy said at a meeting Wednesday.
Hanoi is now at a high risk of another wave of coronavirus outbreak posed by people coming from the hot spot Danang.
Mr. Quy, who now heads of the city’s Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control after mayor Nguyen Duc Chung’s suspension from duties, went on to say that local authorities might require locals to stay at home when the Covid-19 fight intensifies.
Crowd gatherings like festival, religious ritual, sports event, will be suspended. Turnout at wedding and funerals should be minimized and must be conducted with precautionary measures.
Non-essential services namely karaoke lounge and bar will not be allowed.
Safety rules will be strongly demanded in public means of transport.
Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing continues to be taken for all returnees from Danang.
People returning from Danang, foreign experts, investors, and skilled workers are subject to concentrated quarantine.
Meanwhile, foreign experts, managers, skilled workers, and their relatives can opt for quarantine at hotels in the city.
The local authorities will tighten control over illegal immigration, fake news dissemination, dishonest health declaration, and violations of precautionary measures.
- Sleepless night in Hanoi as people looking for bargain deals
- Switzerland eyes signing of Vietnam–EFTA trade deal next year: Amb.
- Hanoi targets to have 10 logistics centers
- Hanoi pushes for cooperation with peers to boost domestic consumption
- Logistics firms in Hanoi only meet 25% of demand: City Party chief
- Innovation festival raises endogenous resources to promote Hanoi’s development
- Hanoi seeks government guidance in public procurement
- Hanoi strictly handles illegal entries to prevent coronavirus intrusion
- 62% of agricultural cooperatives in Hanoi operate efficiently
- Hanoi strengthens law compliance to improve business environment: Mayor
Switzerland eyes signing of Vietnam–EFTA trade deal next year: Amb.
Vietnam targets mutual benefits in relations with China: PM
Xoi – the quintessential comfort food
Hang Trong folk painting - touch of legacy in modern life
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam