The Hanoitimes - Hanoi will pay more attention to people directly engaged in good deeds while stepping up communications to expand the “Good persons, good deeds” movement.
Hanoi’s authorities held a ceremony on October 9 to honor the ten exemplary citizens of the capital city in 2018, praise good persons, good deeds and outstanding entrepreneurs.
Head of the Central Commission for Propaganda and Training Vo Van Thuong and Hanoi Party Secretary Hoang Trung Hai attended and presented the title of elite citizen in 2018 to the ten outstanding citizens.
Head of the Central Commission for Propaganda and Education Vo Van Thuong and Hanoi Party Secretary Hoang Trung Hai presented the title of elite citizen in 2018 to ten outstanding citizens. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
Speaking at the meeting, Standing Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Van Suu said that according to each stage of the country's development, the patriotic emulation movements in the capital have renewed. The most prominent feature is “Good persons, good deeds” movement.
2018 is the 26th year Hanoi has carried out the “Good persons, good deeds” movement. Up to now, this movement has become the Hanoians’ culture, the standing vice chairman said.
This is also an opportunity for Hanoi to recognize efforts of all levels, sectors, businesses and people of the capital. At the same time, nearly 700 persons with good deeds have been honored by municipal authorities and 300 enterprises and businessmen are rewarded by the state and city, especially ten individuals who have won the title of elite citizens and 20 enterprises have won the Thang Long Cup, Suu added.
He emphasized that in the time ahead, Hanoi will pay more attention to people directly engaging in good deeds while stepping up communications to expand the “Good persons, good deeds” movement.
The following are the ten elite citizens of the capital in 2018:
1. Mr. Nguyen Huu Ngoc, member of Hanoi Literature and Arts Association
2. Assoc. Professor Nguyen Duy Anh, director of the Hanoi Obstetric Hospital
3. Ms. Tran Phuong Lan, head of "The baby with water hyacinth" Club, Hoan Kiem district
4. Mr. Nguyen Tu Hung, citizen of group 13, Tan Lap commune, Dan Phuong district
5. Mr. Do Quang Hien, chairman and CEO of T&T Group
6. Vietnamese cuisine culinary artist Pham Thi Tuyet, owner of Anh Tuyet Restaurant, 25 Ma May street, Hoan Kiem district
7. Athlete Bui Thi Thu Thao, who won the gold medal at the 2018 Asian Games
8. Mr. Trinh Ngoc Trinh, director of the Mountainous Education Development Assistance Center (HEDO)
9. Senior lieutenant Nguyen Van Tien, traffic police of team No.12, Road and Railway Traffic Police, Hanoi’s Police
10. Mr. Nguyen Duc Cuong, head of M&E team, Technological Equipment Workshop, Thong Nhat Electric Joint Stock Company