Vietnam finds one more coronavirus-positive foreigner, toll rises to 31
The Hanoitimes - Of the newest infected cases confirmed on March 6 onward, eight are British, one Irish, and one Mexican.
Vietnam on Monday reported one more foreign tourist infected with SARS-CoV-2, taking the toll of infection cases to 31.
The latest case is a British man of 49 years old. He is now under treatment in the central province of Quang Nam and in stable condition, according to the Ministry of Health.
Of 15 newest cases confirmed since on March 6, 12 people took on the same flight from London to Hanoi on March 2 and two others got infected from a Vietnamese woman who is the first case of Hanoi.
Among the newest cases found over the last few days, eight are British nationals, one Irish, and one Mexican.
Between January 23 and February 13, Vietnam reported 16 infected cases. All of them have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
Vietnam experienced 22 days without new infected cases until March 6. Since then, the localities are at high alert to combat the epidemic. Authorities have quickly tracked down people who made contact with the patients and related people.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam has said that preventing, quarantining, zoning, and eradicating the epidemic become the paramount measures currently.
So far, the epidemic has reached 11 localities including Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Quang Ninh, Ninh Binh, and Vinh Phuc, the central provinces of Thanh Hoa, Khanh Hoa, Quang Nam, and Thua Thien-Hue, and the central city of Da Nang.
- Vietnam stays mindful of economic impacts in Covid-19 fight
- Vietnam PM orders crackdown on illegal immigrants amid fresh coronavirus outbreaks
- Partial social distancing helps Vietnam mitigate negative economic Covid-19 impacts
- Covid-19 epicenter in Danang must be stamped out: PM
- Covid-19 may hurt up to 5 million workers in Vietnam in Q3
- Danang sets up field hospitals as local coronavirus infections surge
- Vietnam strives to stamp down Covid-19 in highly infectious Danang hospital
- Vietnam successfully develops two sets of SARS-CoV-2 test kits
- Ho Chi Minh City closes entertainment facilities
- Vietnam authorities seize nearly 1 million poor quality face masks
Vietnam PM orders crackdown on illegal immigrants amid fresh coronavirus outbreaks
Vietnam stays mindful of economic impacts in Covid-19 fight
Hanoi checks all people with severe illnesses
Vietnamese students invent coronavirus-proof hat
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors