UPDATE: Japan PM to visit Vietnam on Oct. 18-20
The Hanoitimes - The two prime ministers will discuss a wide range of issues from trade, investment to defense, education and culture cooperation.
Japanese Prime Minister Suga Yoshihide will arrive in Vietnam on October 18 for a three-day visit to the Southeast Asian country at the invitation of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
|Japanese Prime Minister Suga Yoshihide. Photo: AFP|
Mr. Suga’s spouse, Suga Mariko, will accompany him during the first overseas trip since taking office on September 19, the Japanese Embassy in Hanoi and the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in separate statements.
The two prime ministers will discuss a wide range of issues from trade, investment to defense, education and culture cooperation, according to Vietnam’s Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang, adding regional and international matters will also be on the table.
During the visit, Mr. Suga will paid courtesy visits to General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam and State President Nguyen Phu Trong and Chairwoman of the National Assembly Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan.
He will also visit Vietnam-Japan University.
Meanwhile, his spouse will tour several iconic places in Hanoi, including the Temple of Literature, the first university in Vietnam, and the Vietnam Women’s Museum, according to the Japanese Embassy.
- Vietnam hardens crackdown on toxic media content, with Facebook, Google concessions
- Smart city building helps improve national competitiveness: Vietnam PM
- Vietnam to receive US$51.5 million for efforts against carbon emissions and deforestation
- Vietnam coastline increasingly exposed to natural disasters: WB
- Vietnam and Japan agree on entry protocol for short term visits
- HSBC joins hands with WWF-Vietnam in mangrove forest restoration project
- Vietnam Communist Party seeks public opinions for draft Congress political report
- Vietnam’s National Assembly convenes semi-annual meeting
- Vietnam ranks higher in Asian Power Index 2020
- Vietnam plays vital role in Japan’s Indo-Pacific policy: PM Suga
Vietnam hardens crackdown on toxic media content, with Facebook, Google concessions
French experts to arrive in Hanoi soon for metro safety evaluation
Sweden willing to support Vietnam to embrace Industry 4.0: Ambassador
Hanoi proposes solutions for replacing plastic ware
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam