JUNE 9: More than 380 infections recorded
The newest cases have lifted the country’s tally to 9,565 people infected with Covid-19.
On June 9, Vietnam recorded 381 infections, including three fourth detected in Bac Giang epicenter.
The daily figures drove up the number of confirmed cases in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) to 501, the third highest nationwide behind Bac Giang and Bac Ninh.
The newest cases have lifted the country’s tally to 9,565 people infected with Covid-19, including two third found in the fresh outbreak that flared up in late April.
|Vietnam's coronavirus cases. Source: MoH. Chart: Minh Vu|
So far, Covid-19 has swept 39 out of 63 cities and provinces with hotspots are Bac Giang, Bac Ninh, and Hanoi in the north, HCMC in the south, and Ha Tinh in the central region.
Secretary of the Bac Giang Party’s Committee Duong Van Thai on June 9 said the infections are high but the situation there remains under control. Deputy Health Minister Nguyen Truong Son who is tasked with monitoring the pandemic fight in Bac Giang echoed Thai, saying that the new cases are all found in quarantine zones.
In another move, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam has asked the Ministry of Health to soon complete procedures to facilitate the transport and centralized quarantine for incoming people who are foreign experts and Vietnamese returnees.
To support the massive testing, the ministry will soon apply saliva and optical testing in affected areas.
- Australia makes comfortable win against Vietnam in Melbourne
- Vietnam's PM commemorates martyrs killed in battle to defend northern border
- Germany donates Vietnam additional 4 million vaccine doses
- HSBC Vietnam commits to arranging US$12 billion to green Vietnam
- Overseas Vietnamese: an inseparable part of the nation
- Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh passes away
- Vietnam Airlines resumes scheduled flights to Europe
- Vietnam to bring to justice 10 corruption cases in 2022: General Secretary
- Vietnam, Cambodia prepare for high-ranking exchange visits in 2022
- 10 countries recognize Vietnam vaccine passports
Hanoi proposes full reopening to tourism from April 1
Tet Holiday re-enacted in Duong Lam ancient village
European businesses to increase investment in Vietnam
Vietnamese President appreciates Japan’s hospital project acceleration
No delay in implementing socio-economic recovery program: Deputy PM
PM asks ministries to consider reopening of cinemas nationwide
Hanoi: Hang Luoc Flower market opened
Face-to-face schooling resumption urged in the new normal
Funeral of Vietnamese peacekeeper die on duty