Last Covid-19 patient in Vietnam tests negative for second time
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam's last Covid-19 patient can be discharged from hospital today.
The last of 16 people infected with the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) in Vietnam has tested negative for the second time, VnExpress quoted Director of Vinh Phuc Department of Health Nguyen Thanh Hai as saying on February 24.
|Vietnam's 16th Covid-19 patient is being checked at a hospital in Vinh Phuc province, northern Vietnam. Photo: Giang Huy|
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Health, the 50-year-old man can be released from quarantine today. Accordingly, the patient will be given a general health check, if his health remains stable, he will be discharged from the hospital.
The man had his first negative result on February 23. The native of Son Loi commune in the northern province of Vinh Phuc is the father of Nguyen Thi Du, a 23-year-old woman who was one of the eight returnees from China’s Wuhan city, epicenter of the outbreak, on January 17. Six of the eight returnees were found infected later, and some of them passed it on to relatives and friends.
The father was the 11th person in Vinh Phuc province who tested positive for Covid-19 and the only one still being quarantined.
He had been with his daughter after she returned from Wuhan until she was quarantined on January 25. Other members of the family were also infected, but they have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
No new Covid-19 infection has been recorded in Vietnam for the past 10 days.
- Kazakhstan puts Covid-19 situation under control
- Another Vietnamese geopark recognized by UNESCO
- Recruitment demand in Vietnam drops 20% q/q in Q2 on Covid-19: Survey
- Vietnam starts collecting traffic fines online
- Vietnam: Nearly 8 million workers lose jobs or on furlough on Covid-19
- US ambassador announces completion of project to preserve UNESCO heritage site Ho Citadel
- Hanoi timely delivers aids to 385.4 thousand people hit by Covid-19
- Nearly 89% of Vietnam population covered by health insurance
- “Yoga from home”- celebrations of 6th Int’l Day of Yoga amid Covid-19
- UAE aids global efforts against Covid-19 pandemic
“Extraordinary progress of the US-Vietnam relationship is not an accident”: Ambassador Kritenbrink
Effective Covid-19 response will further boost Vietnam’s status as an attractive market: AmCham
Hanoi makes public master plan of Hoa Lac township
Covid-19 impacts on Vietnam economy not fully reflected in 6-month data: CIEM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget