Last Covid-19 patient in Vietnam tests negative for second time
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam's last Covid-19 patient can be discharged from hospital today.
The last of 16 people infected with the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) in Vietnam has tested negative for the second time, VnExpress quoted Director of Vinh Phuc Department of Health Nguyen Thanh Hai as saying on February 24.
|Vietnam's 16th Covid-19 patient is being checked at a hospital in Vinh Phuc province, northern Vietnam. Photo: Giang Huy|
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Health, the 50-year-old man can be released from quarantine today. Accordingly, the patient will be given a general health check, if his health remains stable, he will be discharged from the hospital.
The man had his first negative result on February 23. The native of Son Loi commune in the northern province of Vinh Phuc is the father of Nguyen Thi Du, a 23-year-old woman who was one of the eight returnees from China’s Wuhan city, epicenter of the outbreak, on January 17. Six of the eight returnees were found infected later, and some of them passed it on to relatives and friends.
The father was the 11th person in Vinh Phuc province who tested positive for Covid-19 and the only one still being quarantined.
He had been with his daughter after she returned from Wuhan until she was quarantined on January 25. Other members of the family were also infected, but they have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
No new Covid-19 infection has been recorded in Vietnam for the past 10 days.
- Vietnam sees rising number of Covid-19 suspected people
- ILO to support Vietnam to minimize impacts of Covid-19 pandemic
- Vietnam launches donation campaign to support Covid-19 prevention
- BRG Group, SeABank donates VND5 billion to nation’s “fight Covid” campaign
- Vietnam coronavirus song goes viral worldwide
- A Japanese passenger on Vietnam Airlines flight tests positive with Covid-19
- How has Covid-19 impacted Vietnamese living and consumption habits?
- Vietnam to universalize cheap smartphones to boost e-government
- Last Covid-19 patient in Vietnam tests negative for second time
- US man charged of child sex tourism in Vietnam
No travel ban during national isolation period: Vietnam gov't speaker
Vietnam to stay among Asia’s fastest growing economies despite sharp slowdown: ADB
Hanoi sets up 30 checkpoints to prevent coronavirus contagion
Vietnam not to penalize foreigners’ overstay during national social distancing
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing
Vietnam's factory activity drops to record low on Covid-19
Vietnam identifies three coronavirus hot spots, including largest hospital
Foreign companies express commitment to Vietnam efforts against Covid-19