Listed firms allowed to change their exchange
The new agreement will help cut short processing time for listed firms and prevent disruption to trading activities.
Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX), Vietnam Securities Depository (VSD) and the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HOSE) have agreed on procedures to change market from HOSE To HNX.
|Investors at a securities center in Hanoi. Photo: Cong Hung|
The move was revealed during an online meeting held on March 16 among the three stock exchange authorities in a bid to ease the overload issue on the HOSE.
Under the plan, all parties would set up a single procedure to process information, transfer data and optimize system operation, aiming to cut short of processing time and preventing any disruption to stocks transaction activities on the stock market.
On the same day, the HNX informed of receiving requests from public firms to leave HOSE, including Vietnam National Seed Group (HOSE: NSC), Bibica Corporation (HOSE: BBC) and Southern Seed Corporation (HOSE: SSC).
These three are the first to change their listings to the HNX under the instruction of the State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC) and the country’s stock market watchdog, which aims to address the issue of surging orders on HOSE that forced the stock exchange to halt market trading.
The overload occurred multiple times on HOSE whenever liquidity in a trading session hit around VND14-17 trillion (US$608-738 million).
An option to move to the HNX would not apply for stocks under the VN30 Index, comprised of the 30 largest stocks on the HOSE.
- C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
- Vingroup may raise US$2 billion from VinFast’s IPO in US
- State budget collection reaches US$17.52 billion in Q1
- Newly-listed firms on HoSE to temporary switch to HNX
- Vn-Index predicted to hit all-time high of 1,300 pts in April
- Inflation not a source of concern for Vietnam: SSI
- Vietnam stock market watchdog sets reference price for stocks switching to HNX
- Vietnam raises US$1.7 billion via government bonds in Q1
- Prospects for Vietnam’s capital market in new era
- Public firms key to help Vietnam stock market upgrade to emerging status
The old man guarding Hanoi's last ancient gate for 20 years
C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
Vietnam officially approves online schooling
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking
Vietnam to cut research time of Covid-19 vaccines amid thin supply
Corporate bonds of real estate - risky commercial debt for investors
Six major tasks await newly-appointed Hanoi Party Chief