March 22: Vietnam reports biggest jump in coronavirus infections
The Hanoitimes - Nearly half of the newly-detected cases are students coming from Europe.
Vietnam reported the biggest increase in coronavirus infections, 19, in one day on March 22, taking the tally of positive cases to 113.
The additional cases include seven in Hanoi, eight in Ho Chi Minh City, two in the southwestern province of An Giang, one in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau, and one in the northern province of Nam Dinh.
Hanoi continues to take the lead in terms of infections with 36 and Ho Chi Minh City follows with 27 (including three cured).
With the infection in An Giang today, the Mekong delta confirms the first cases since the coronavirus outbreak began in Vietnam on January 23.
So far, 19 out of 63 cities and provinces in Vietnam have reported people positive with the virus.
Most of the newly-infected cases over the last days are from overseas Vietnamese who study abroad or return to the country from epidemic-hit areas.
To curb the spread of the virus, Vietnam imposes mandatory 14-day quarantine for all people coming to the country. Currently, as many as 52,790 people have been or are under quarantine at hospitals, concentrated facilities, or at home.
The government covers all costs for the 14-day quarantine at concentrated establishments and coronavirus tests and treatment for Vietnamese people. Foreigners bear no fees for quarantine and testing but treatment if they test positive with the virus.
- April 3: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases hit 237, 85 recover
- Hanoi-based infectious catering firm asked to halt operations
- April 1: Vietnam’s Covid-19 case toll climbs to 218
- Japan-based firm supports Vietnam to produce ventilators for coronavirus patients
- How quick coronavirus testing stations in Hanoi work?
- March 31: Vietnam finds four new coronavirus cases
- March 30: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases jump to 203, Bach Mai Hospital count hits 33
- Makeshift hospital built in Bach Mai Hospital, new corona hot spot in Hanoi
- Hanoi: 27 Covid-19 patients cured and discharged from hospital
- Strengthen pandemic countermeasures, Vietnam health ministry tells hospitals
Hanoi protests Beijing over sinking Vietnamese fishing boat in South China Sea
April 3: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases hit 237, 85 recover
Vietnam Fin Min expands fiscal stimulus package to US$7.64 billion
Hanoi to revise economic growth target as coronavirus fight intensifies
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing
Vietnam's factory activity drops to record low on Covid-19
Vietnam identifies three coronavirus hot spots, including largest hospital
Foreign companies express commitment to Vietnam efforts against Covid-19