May 12: Vietnam goes through 26 days without new local coronavirus infection
The Hanoitimes - On the day, the country reports three convalescents who are all Brazilians.
Vietnam has experienced 26 days without new coronavirus cases in the community, keeping the tally at 288.
|Intial results in the fight against the pandemic enable Vietnam to reopen the economy. Photo: VnExpress|
Of the total infections, 148 Covid-19 patients are from abroad.
The number of Covid-19 patients who have recovered hit 252 as of Tuesday, accounting for 88% of the case count, statistics by the Ministry of Health showed.
Three Brazilians living in the southern metropolis of Ho Chi Minh City were declared to be cured of the virus on Tuesday.
|New infections (red) and convalescents (green) in Vietnam over the past days. Source: Ministry of Health|
So far, Vietnam has conducted more than 261,000 tests, taking the lead globally in the number of coronavirus tests per confirmed case at 906.
As of May 12, 11,929 people are under quarantine across the country, including 329 at hospitals, 6,432 at concentrated centers, and 5,186 at home and lodging facilities.
Thanks for the intial results in the fight against the pandemic, Vietnam has reopened non-essential services and religious practices.
- Vietnam PM appoints acting health minister
- Coronavirus-stricken UK pilot in Vietnam to return home on July 12
- Suspected Indonesia national in Vietnam tests negative for coronavirus
- Vietnam to conduct human trial of Covid-19 vaccine
- British Covid-19 patient in Vietnam may return home on July 12
- UK ambassador thanks Vietnam for sparing no efforts to save British pilot
- Vietnam gains first success with home-made Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam reports three new imported coronavirus cases, tally rises to 352
- Vietnam hospital prepares to send British Covid-19 patient home
- British pilot in Vietnam no longer needs lung transplant
“Extraordinary progress of the US-Vietnam relationship is not an accident”: Ambassador Kritenbrink
Effective Covid-19 response will further boost Vietnam’s status as an attractive market: AmCham
Hanoi makes public master plan of Hoa Lac township
Covid-19 impacts on Vietnam economy not fully reflected in 6-month data: CIEM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget