May 7: Vietnam confirms 17 more coronavirus cases, all imported
The Hanoitimes - All the latest cases are Vietnamese nationals returning from UAE.
Vietnam confirmed 17 more people positive with SARS-CoV-2 on Thursday [May 7], all of them are Vietnamese nationals returning from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), taking the tally to 288.
|Vietnamese citizens at an airport in UAE on May 2. Photo: Bao Chi|
The newest-detected cases are among 297 Vietnamese citizens repatriated on a Vietnam Airlines flight on May 3. This was the first repatriation flight from the Middle East.
At present, 17 Covid-19 patients are under treatment at Bac Lieu Hospital in the southwestern province of Bac Lieu.
Of total 288 cases, 148 are from abroad and they were quarantined after landing in Vietnam while 140 others were found in the community.
|New coronavirus infections (red) and convalescents (green) in Vietnam from April 24 to May 7. Source: Ministry of Health|
As of May 7, Vietnam has undergone three weeks without new Covid-19 cases of local transmission. 233 Covid-19 patients have returned to normal health.
Since April 14, national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines has brought back to the country 1,657 citizens. The repatriation gives priority to children under 18, the elderly, the sick, pregnant women, students having no dormitories, and those of special cases.
All the entrants are required to go through mass quarantine at concentrated centers for 14 days. The government of Vietnam offers free-of-charge quarantine, testing, and treatment of Covid-19.
- July 14: Vietnam goes 88 days without local coronavirus infections
- British Covid-19 patient returns home after miraculous recovery in Vietnam
- Vietnam PM appoints acting health minister
- Coronavirus-stricken UK pilot in Vietnam to return home on July 12
- Suspected Indonesia national in Vietnam tests negative for coronavirus
- Vietnam to conduct human trial of Covid-19 vaccine
- British Covid-19 patient in Vietnam may return home on July 12
- UK ambassador thanks Vietnam for sparing no efforts to save British pilot
- Vietnam gains first success with home-made Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam reports three new imported coronavirus cases, tally rises to 352
Hanoi aims to be a sci-tech hub of the country: City Party chief
China, US trade barbs over South China Sea
Hanoi has own attractions to investors: Savills
Vietnam, US may upgrade ties to strategic partnership next year: Thayer
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget