nCoV: Hanoi prepares for worst situation
The Hanoitimes - The city's leader asks local authorities to ensure enough resources to deal with the epidemic in the worst scenario.
Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung of the Hanoi People’s Committee has signed a plan envasaging different scenarios amid the rising number of infected and quarantined cases.
|Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung of the Hanoi People’s Committee chairs a meeting on Jan 31. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
The plan aims to prevent and detect suspected cases for early checkup to minimize impacts.
Under the plan, the contingent plans are classified as four levels namely initiate outbreak, secondary infection, transmission with more than 20 cases, and widespread epidemic with more than 1,000 cases.
Accordingly, the city has drawn up proper responses to each level to ensure enough resources to control the outbreak.
Municipal departments, including health, finance, transport, police, environment, education and training, and tourism, have been asked to closely coordinate efforts to manage the prevention, treatment, and logistics.
In another move, the mayor requested local authorities and health sector to boost the production of medical masks to ensure around 15-20 million units in stock and deliver to its citizens in case of outbreak.
Vietnam declared the national outbreak on February 1 after it confirmed a person-to-person transmission case who are among 7 infections so far.
- Hanoi to allow advertising rights in exchange for 600 bus stop shelters
- Hanoi makes proposals to solve difficulties in land management and environmental protection
- Information technology will open a new era for Hanoi’s buses
- Hanoi to build square, shopping malls around My Dinh Stadium
- Hanoi to build two more underground parking lots in Ba Dinh Political Center
- Hanoi opens wide doors for South Korean investors: City Party chief
- Hanoi's tourism to lean on domestic market till end-2020
- Blazing heat attacks Hanoi
- Hanoi to hold event promoting Vietnamese goods in late May
- Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Netherlands, France, Japan
May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
Japanese firm alleged to bribe Vietnam tax officials with US$232,000
Hanoi to allow advertising rights in exchange for 600 bus stop shelters
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots