Apr 20, 2014 / 14:26
Noi Bai air terminal 2 due for completion in 2014
The Hanoitimes - The Ministry of Transport has announced it wants construction of a second terminal at Hanoi’s Noi Bai International Airport put on the fast-track and completed by the end of the year.
Contractors, Airports Corporation of Vietnam (ACV) and Vietnam-Japan joint venture Vinaconex-Tasei, were asked to accelerate construction and actively cooperate with relevant agencies to ensure the terminal is fully operational by December 31.
The four-story passenger terminal T2 covers an area of 139,216 square metres. Once completed, it will be able to serve up to 10 million passengers annually.
Construction costs are estimated at JPY75.56 billion (US$968 million), including JPY12.6 billion (US$161 million) sourced from the Japan International Cooperation Agency loans.
Currently, construction on the project is approximately 70% complete.
- Australia to provide AUD100,000 to held Vietnam overcome historic flooding
- Aid rushes to flood victims in central Vietnam
- Central Vietnam may brace for another typhoon amid severe flooding
- Historic flooding in central Vietnam: 102 dead and 26 missing
- Vietnam raises natural disaster alert in central region
- Japan provides disaster relief to Vietnam central province hit by severe floods
- US provides US$100, 000 assistance to Vietnam’s response to tropical storm Linfa
- Vietnam imposes hefty fines on violators of face mask rules
- Central Vietnam: Successive floods kill 18 people, next storm due soon
- Swedish ambassador to Vietnam joins Plan International to fight cyber bullying
Thang Long Entrepreneur Gala 2020 honors 200 Hanoi enterprises
Vietnam cancels 400 small hydropower projects
Hanoi targets speedy construction of Nam Son waste treatment plant
“Made in Vietnam” goods week launched in Hanoi
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam