Vietnam suffers fewer cyber attacks in H1
The cyber attacks included 788 interface changes (Deface), 296 malicious code installations (Malware), and 805 phishing activities.
Vietnam recorded 2,017 cyber attacks on its information systems in the first half of 2020, a year-on-year decline of 26%, according to the Department of Information Security under the Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC).
They included 788 interface changes (Deface), 296 malicious code installations (Malware), and 805 phishing activities.
|Over 2,000 cyber attacks hit Vietnam’s information systems. Photo: Internet|
In the first six months of 2020, the Vietnamese cyber security market posted revenue of VND774.5 billion (US$33.2 million), an increase of 67.8% compared to the same period of 2019.
As of June 2020, 31 ministries and provinces nationwide have deployed the Network of Safety and Security Control Center.
Speaking at the conference reviewing the performance of the sector in the first six months of 2020, Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Manh Hung emphasized his ministry’s six major orientations, including "Information security with the mission of mastering the safety and security network ecosystem of Vietnam".
In the second half of 2020, the MIC will increase the spending by government agencies and localities on cyber security to at least 10% of total IT expenditure.
Besides, the ministry will encourage localities to deploy the four-layer model to ensure safety and network security so that 100% of local governments will be protected by a four-layer shield by the end of 2020.
Moreover, the MIC will support businesses to provide the market with 80% of safe products and network security.
- The 5th IT Festival promotes smart education in Hanoi
- Vietnam-made satellite passes final quality test in Japan before launch
- Vietnam Digital Transformation Day to take place in late May in Hanoi
- Cyber-attacks in Vietnam drop 20% in first quarter of 2021
- Vietnam inaugurates first AI research center in Hanoi
- Information ministry targets 30,000 enterprises to use digital platforms every year
- Vietnam Digital Awards 2021 honors homemade technology products
- Made-in-Vietnam AI system detects human face in a second
- Mobile phone users protected from spam calls
- Vietnam listed among countries with cheapest Internet service in Asia
NordCham seeks greater cooperation with Hanoi in green urban development
Sexual violence in conflict: thorny issue bothers UN Security Council
Biden nominates expert on Asia as ambassador to Vietnam
Ba Vi Tourism Festival - Highlight of Hanoi’s suburban tourism
Remarkable tour packages offered Reunification Day and Labor Day holidays
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking