Thousands of people in Hanoi, HCM City flock downtown to celebrate Christmas
The Hanoitimes - In front of the Cathedral, many people play Santa Claus to deliver presents and to take snapshots with children.
On the night of December 24, tens of thousands of locals and tourists in Vietnam’s capital and metropolises flocked to churches, pedestrian zones and shopping malls to celebrate the Christmas Eve.
People in Hanoi enjoyed ideal temperature of 20 degrees Celsius last night to hang out. From around 6 p.m, hundreds of Christian and non-Christian people gathered at the St. Joseph Cathedral in Hoan Kiem district to enjoy the Christmas hymns.
Under the shimmering lights, children in the costumes of Santa Claus performed hymns on the stage in front of the church.
The locals took selfies with the “Santa Claus” played by a foreign visitor.
Germany visitors shared happy moments when celebrating the Christmas Eve in one of the biggest churches in Vietnam.
In Ho Chi Minh City, the weather was cooler at night, ideal for people to flock downtown. The lines of people and vehicles were jammed in front of the Notre Dame Cathedral.
In front of the Cathedral, many people playing Santa Claus to deliver presents and to take snapshots with children.
The Notre Dame Cathedral allowed a limited number of prayers to attend the ceremony due to the restoration currently underway. However, the crowd outside the Cathedral was huge who took photos and prayed.
- Hanoi hosts Shining Full Moon program
- Vietnamese users like variety in content on Youtube
- Hanoi hosts German Film Festival 2020
- Vietnam allows bars and karaoke parlors to reopen
- Hanoi may host F1 in November, but without int’l spectators
- My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
- Vietnam’s online book fair expected to reach 10 million hits
- Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
- Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Satisfying Tet fireworks show in Hanoi
Vietnam president attends Army Party Congress
How Vietnam could stamp out second wave of coronavirus
Renewables are solution to Vietnam's power thirst
Urgent steps needed for Vietnam to attract high quality FDI
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread