US$81 million in donations made in Vietnam to fight Covid-19
The Hanoitimes - These donations provides supports to Vietnam's fight against Covid-19.
Many organizations and individuals in Vietnam and abroad have so far donated over VND1,900 billion (US$81 million) through the Vietnam Fatherland Front to support the combat against the Covid-19 epidemic, Zing.vn quoted Chairman of the mass organization Tran Thanh Man as saying on April 28.
Chairman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee Tran Thanh Man receives donation from the Thai embassy in Vietnam. Photo: Quang Vinh
On the same day, Tran Thanh Man received a donation worth VND1.7 billion (US$72,461) from the Thai embassy in Vietnam and VND5 billion (US$213,004) from Sunwah Group.
Thai Ambassador to Vietnam Tanee Sangrat praised Vietnam’s effective and strong preventive measures against Covid-19 pandemic.
The diplomat expressed his impression of the Vietnamese government’s determination to sacrifice economic benefits for people's health, and deploy a relief package worth VND62 trillion (US$2.7 billion) to support 20 million vulnerable people directly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Regarding the Vietnamese government’s relief package, the chairman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee stressed that his organization will supervise the disbursement from the central to local levels so that US$2.7 billion will reach the right people in the fastest manner.
He added that although Vietnam has gained some achievements in the fight against Covid-19, the road ahead is still challenging.
It requires Vietnam to make more efforts to overcome the pandemic and take stronger preventive measures to protect people’s health, Man said.
He pledged that all the donations will be directly allocated to the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Public Security to help quarantine centers and hospitals purchase medical equipment and supplies.
- Vietnam must control and forecast air quality by 2025: PM directive
- Vietnamese volunteers vaccinated with highest dose of Covid-19 are in good conditions
- Vietnam to import over 133 million doses of avian flu vaccine
- Vietnam to provide health insurance for all senior citizens in 2021
- Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
- Vietnam plans to scrap old vehicles over pollution concerns
- Vietnam to support Covid-19-affected workers on Tet holiday
- Hanoi to launch IT job trading floor this month
- Hanoi tests 100 imported frozen food samples for corona virus
- Schools are almost empty as freeze hits northern Vietnam
Good preparations for qualified candidates: State President
Vietnam gov’t to facilitate digitalization among local firms
PM approves legal assistant program for SMEs in 2021-25
US intensifies efforts in addressing war legacies
Member states attend forum preparing for 2021 Shangri-La Dialogue
Int’l. media impressed with Vietnam economic successes amid pandemic
Vietnam to mobilize all forces for National Assembly election
Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home