USAID and MARD launched climate change project
The US Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) on January 16 launched a US$26 million climate change project in Nam Dinh province.
The project, entitled “Vietnam Forests and Deltas,” supports Vietnam’s goals for sustainable development, low carbon emission, and adaptation to climate change by improving land-use planning, forest and natural resource management and mobilizing communities into developing action plans addressing the impact of climate change.
It will expand into three more provinces of Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Long An.
USAID Vietnam Mission Director Joakim Parker said that the project will support national-level coordination on implementing policy related to climate change.
It also helps support the Red River Delta in its efforts to reverse environmental degradation and adapt to climate change, he added.
Delegates visited Nam Dinh’s Quat Lam town where the project is implemented. The town, in Giao Thuy district, bore the brunt of recent storms.
They also made a fact-finding tour of mangrove forests in Giao Phong commune, Giao Thuy district, to examine the livelihood of local coastal people.
- UNI APRO, Vietnam exchange experience in trade union activities
- JICA supports Vietnam in enhancing disaster and climate change countermeasures
- UNDP supports flood-resilient houses for Vietnam coastal residents
- Vietnam allocates over US$3.9 billion to three national target programs
- JICA launches project on production of protein-free natural rubber in Vietnam
- EC recognizes Vietnam's Covid-19 digital certificates
- Australia shares 7.2M Covid-19 vaccine doses for Vietnam children
- Field trips help raise student awareness of nature protection in world biosphere reserve
- UNFPA promotes comprehensive development of Vietnam youth in US$3M project
- Vietnam's climate change strategy plays a key policy instrument
IPEF should treasure openness, inclusiveness and transparency: foreign ministry
Muoi Sau sweet soups- the quintessence of Hanoi’s nosh
Vietnam seeks to contribute to peace and stability in Asia
Facebook to charge 5% VAT on ad services in Vietnam
Vietnam seeks opportunities for sustainable education partnerships
“Vietnamese runners are my second family”: Timor Lester athlete at SEA Games 31
Hanoi wants to build second int’l airport in Thuong Tin
Hanoi handicrafts attract international SEA Games 31 guests
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary