Vietnam extends time frame for 2019-2020 academic year due to Covid-19 epidemic
The Hanoitimes - The MOET allows the heads of the people’s committees of cities and provinces to decide on whether to resume classes from March 2.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) has decided to extend the time frame for the 2019-2020 school year due to the impact of the Covid-19 epidemic, Zing.vn reported on February 22, quoting Nguyen Xuan Thanh, deputy director of the Department of Secondary Education under the MoET.
Specifically, the school year will end by June 30, around one month later than the normal schedule. Evalutions for primary and secondary school graduation will take place by July 15 at the latest, enrollment for 10th grade will be due on August 15 and national senior high school exam will be held from July 23 to July 26.
Besides, the MOET lets the heads of the people’s committees of cities and provinces decide whether to resume classes from March 2.
In case they decide to let the students return to school later in March, the authorities must rely on the above-mentioned schedule to create a compensatory study plan and ensure the program, finish the school year and organize the national senior high school exam.
Thus, the national high school exam in 2020 will take place nearly one month later than usual to offset the time of school break that was aimed to prevent the Covid-19 epidemic.
- Hanoi student bags gold medal at Informatics Olympiad
- Vietnam human capital index higher than countries of same income level: WB
- Hanoi university named in top 1000 worldwide in 2021
- Over 98% of Vietnam high school students pass national exam
- Schools in Hanoi to begin new academic year on September 5 as usual
- Vietnam to hold national high school exam for students in Covid-19 hot spots
- Vietnam introduces UPM to rate national and regional universities
- Hanoi university urged to be leading hub of innovation
- Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
- Vietnam PM okays national high school exams amid Covid-19 resurgence
Vietnam economy likely second fastest-growing in Asia-Pacific: S&P Global Ratings
What’s behind the Mekong-US Partnership?
Denmark supports Vietnam in campaign against food loss and waste
Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread