Vietnam Airlines halts flights to France, Malaysia on Covid-19
The Hanoitimes - Only passengers meeting all immigration and health requirements are allowed to board Vietnam Airlines flights.
Flag carrier Vietnam Airlines has announced it will temporarily suspend services between Vietnam and France starting March 17 until further notice from the competent authorities, due to a rising number of coronavirus infections in France and limited operating conditions.
| A Vietname Airlines airplane. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
The routes connecting Vietnam with the UK and Germany will continue operating as planned, the carrier said in a release on Tuesday evening.
The airline last weekend 15 said it will continue to bring passengers from Europe to Vietnam from March 15 to “uphold its national responsibilities and continue to grant passengers access to Vietnam,” only hours after its announcement to fly empty from that market to curb the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Only passengers meeting all immigration and health requirements are allowed to board Vietnam Airlines flights.
In a latest move to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the Vietnamese government has decided to suspend entry of visitors from the UK and 26 Schengen countries.
In Southeast Asia, the airline will temporarily suspend flights between Vietnam and Malaysia from March 18 to March 31 after the Malaysian government’s decision to temporarily close borders and the neighboring country has become a new epicenter of the virus outbreak in Southeast Asia.
The airline added it will consider reducing its Southeast Asia routes based on developments of the Covid-19 pandemic and the latest entry and quarantine regulations of the government of Vietnam.
Vietnam Airlines will waive fees for itinerary and date changes for affected passengers on flights between Vietnam and France departing from March 18 through June 30, 2020. Fees will also be waived for date changes on flights between Vietnam and Malaysia departing from March 18 through 31.
- Vietnam airports required to tighten Covid-19 prevention measures
- Hit by Covid-19, Vietnam enterprises turn to domestic market
- Vietnam considers reopening to foreign tourists in new normalcy
- Will Vietnamese e-commerce platforms Tiki and Sendo soon merge?
- Promoting Vietnam as a safe place to welcome foreign tourists
- Vietnam turns to India, Nepal to diversify trade markets
- Vietnam President seeks parliament approval for EVFTA
- Vietnam to study health standard validation before reopening to foreign tourists
- Vietnam prepares to welcome foreign tourists once borders reopened
- Decisive reforms needed for Vietnam to realize full benefits of EVFTA: WB
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Administrative reform remains core in Vietnam gov’t drive for 5%-GDP growth
Vietnam okays e-visa for citizens of 80 countries from July 1
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots