Vietnam closely watches US presidential election: Spokesperson
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam always wish to further foster its relationship with the US in a positive and comprehensive manner, said a foreigm ministry spokesperson.
As America’s partner, Vietnam closely follows developments of the US presidential election, stated Spokesperson of the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs Le Thi Thu Hang.
|US presidential runners Joe Biden and Donald Trump. Photo: Reuters|
“The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership has seen very positive strides over the recent years. Together with the US government, we always wish to further foster this relationship in a positive and comprehensive manner, for the benefits of the two peoples, thus contributing to peace, stability, cooperation and development of the region and the world,” Ms. Hang said at a press meeting earlier this week.
During the Trump administration, trade exchanges between the two countries have jumped, reaching nearly US$76 billion last year.
President Trump has visited Vietnam twice, in 2017 for APEC summit and an official visit, and in 2019 for another Hanoi visit and the second US-North Korea summit.
- Vietnam welcomes US role in Indo-Pacific region for economic development
- UPDATE: Mike Pompeo makes surprise visit to Vietnam
- Vietnam hardens crackdown on toxic media content, with Facebook, Google concessions
- Smart city building helps improve national competitiveness: Vietnam PM
- Vietnam to receive US$51.5 million for efforts against carbon emissions and deforestation
- Vietnam coastline increasingly exposed to natural disasters: WB
- Vietnam and Japan agree on entry protocol for short term visits
- HSBC joins hands with WWF-Vietnam in mangrove forest restoration project
- Vietnam Communist Party seeks public opinions for draft Congress political report
- Vietnam’s National Assembly convenes semi-annual meeting
Hanoi enforces face mask wearing regulation in public places: Mayor
Hanoi expected to realize disbursement target of ODA funds in 2020
Hanoi metro’s safety evaluation expected to be completed in December
Hanoi baguette featuring Vietnamese national flag goes viral
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam