Vietnam condoles Indonesia over plane crash
The Hanoitimes - The crash happened four minutes after takeoff at an airport in Jakarta.
Vietnam has sent condolences to Indonesia after a passenger jet with 62 people on board crashed into the Java Sea shortly after took off in Jakarta.
|Indonesian rescue members inspect what is believed to be the remains of the Sriwijaya Air plane flight SJ182, which crashed into the sea, at Jakarta International Container Terminal port in Jakarta on Sunday. Photo: AFP/VNA|
Sriwijaya Air Flight 182 was bound for the city of Pontianak on the island of Borneo when it lost contact at 2:40 p.m. on January 10.
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Binh Minh on January 10 sent a message of condolences to Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi following the crash of a Boeing 737-500 aircraft operated by Indonesian airline Sriwijaya Air.
The plane with all Indonesian including 50 passengers with 10 children and babies and 12 crew members plunged into the ocean four minutes after departing Jakarta’s Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
Indonesian forces have found wreckage and human remains at the crash site.
Authorities said the Boeing 737-500 aircraft used for the flight had been operating for 26 years but was still in good condition.
The Sriwijaya flight is the third passenger plane in just over six years to crash into the Java Sea after departing from airports on Java Island, reported the New York Times.
Indonesia divers search wreckage as black box hunt resumes.
- The 3rd Day of National Congress: Picking Central Party members
- Vietnam records 82 new Covid-19 community infections
- Agent Orange trial made headlines in France
- Vietnam army active in any contingency: Officer
- Hanoi people put high expectations on the 13th National Party Congress
- UNDP takes action to end plastic pollution in Southeast Asia
- Vietnam needs US$35b for climate resilience in next 10 years: PM
- What did Communist Party of Vietnam discuss in previous congress?
- Highlights of Party Chief speech at National Congress
- 13th National Party Congress sets vision for Vietnam development next 5 years: Int’l media
Vietnam records 82 new Covid-19 community infections
The 3rd Day of National Congress: Picking Central Party members
Hanoi people put high expectations on the 13th National Party Congress
Vietnam c.bank stands firm on keeping macro-economic stability
Agent Orange trial made headlines in France
Vietnam to launch secondary market for corporate bonds this year
13th National Party Congress sets vision for Vietnam development next 5 years: Int’l media
What do foreign media cover Vietnam’s top political meeting?
F0 investors learn hard lesson from stock market volatility