Vietnam exports 34 million tons of cement, clinker in 2019
The Hanoitimes - This is the second year Vietnam exported such a record-high volume, listing itself a leading cement exporter.
Vietnam is estimated to have exported 34 million tons (Mt) of cement and clinker in 2019, up 6.25% from a year earlier, according to the Department of Import-Export under the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT).
The volume is worth US$1.39 billion, marking an increase of 11.2% on year.
|A cement production line in Vietnam|
This is the second year Vietnam posted such record-high cement exports.
The exports have surpassed the Ministry of Construction (MOC)’s estimated figure at the beginning of 2019 by US$100 million-US$150 million.
In 2019, Vietnam is estimated to have sold 98-99 Mt of cement and clinker, up 2% on year, including 67 Mt for domestic sales.
In 2020, Vietnam’s sales of cement and clinker are expected to rise 4-5% to 101-103 Mt, including 69-70 Mt for domestic sales and 32-34 Mt for exports.
In terms of capacity, the country will have two more cement production lines to raise the total to 86 with a combined installed capacity of 106Mt/year in 2020, according to the MOC.
- Hanoi expected to realize disbursement target of ODA funds in 2020
- Vietnam to finalize legal framework for smart city model
- Vietnam ODA disbursement meets 32% of targets in 9 months
- Disbursement of Vietnam public funds meets 57% of target in Jan-Sept
- Vietnam starts building 3 national expressway sub-projects worth US$1.6 billion
- Drastic measures needed to realize disbursement target of public funds
- Vietnam PM seeks ADB cooperation in disbursing US$900 million in 2020
- Vietnam PM warns of punishment for sluggish public investment
- Vietnam infrastructure market among most diverse competitive landscapes in SE Asia
- Vietnam to start building North-South Expressway in September
Hanoi enforces face mask wearing regulation in public places: Mayor
Hanoi's second metro project progresses on schedule
Hanoi metro’s safety evaluation expected to be completed in December
Hanoi expected to realize disbursement target of ODA funds in 2020
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam