Vietnam-Japan trade to be strengthened: JETRO president
The Hanoitimes - Chairman and CEO of the Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO) Ishige Hiroyuki has stressed that investment and trade ties between Vietnam and Japan will be stronger in the coming years as both sides are members of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement.
Chairman and CEO of JETRO Ishige Hiroyuki at the press conference on Feb. 23 to annouce the report
Ishige highlighted the crucial role played by the JETRO in providing services, advice and accurate information on Vietnam’s market to Japan, revealing that about 70-80 percent Japanese enterprises investing in Vietnam are using JETRO services.
He also praised the Vietnamese Government’s efforts to better the country’s investment climate. According to a report on Japan’s investment in 2014 – 2015 announced by JETRO in Tokyo on February 23, the country had fruitful outcomes in the field.
Additionally, statistics from the Japanese Ministry of Finance, 22.9 trillion JPY (204.4 billion USD) of foreign direct investment (FDI) was poured into Japan as of September 2015, with Europe accounting for the largest part of the figure - 46.8 percent (10.9 trillion JPY).
JETRO said up to 77 percent of foreign enterprises operating in Japan have planned to expand their investment and 74 percent of them intended to increase the number of their employees.
The report is a comprehensive report on the current status of inward FDI to Japan, the efforts of the central and local governments to promote inward FDI, JETRO’s inward FDI promotion projects, and the attractiveness of the Japanese market. It also includes the results of a survey that JETRO conducted on foreign-affiliated companies, about their perception of doing business in Japan.
- Vietnam food Vlog platform Capichi launched in Hanoi
- Vietnam remains attractive to PE funds in 2020 despite Covid-19
- EVFTA spices up German healthcare companies’ appetite for Vietnam
- Vietnam needs US$111 billion investment in SDGs by 2030: StanChart
- FDI inflow to Vietnam sees good year ahead
- EVFTA to trigger high-quality FDI flows into Vietnam: AHK
- Vietnam SDGs offer US$46 billion opportunity for private investors: StanChart
- Vietnamese infrastructure policy earns investors’ thumbs-up
- S.Korea’s SK Group sets up US$860-million investment fund in Vietnam
- Vietnam remains top destination for cross-border investment: Survey
Hanoi Party chief lauds apparel maker's adaptability in mitigating Covid-19
Hanoi guides strict rules on quarantine of foreigners
Covid-19 hurts 90% of European businesses in Vietnam: Survey
Hanoi mayor urges implementation of measures to support businesses, citizens
98% enterprises in Vietnam to benefit from fiscal stimulus package
A bird's eye view of Hanoi streets in social distancing period
Vietnam transport ministry proposes support for coronavirus-hit airlines
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing