Hai Phong imposes lockdown after a health worker tested positive for SARS-CoV-2
The Hanoitimes - Hai Phong borders Hai Duong, where is the country's Covid-19 hotspot with nearly 600 cases since it first confirmed infections in late January.
Vietnam’s northern beach city of Hai Phong on February 22 decided to place some areas under lockdown after a nurse tested positive for SARS-CoV-2.
|A hospital where the latest Covid-19 patient works put on lockdown. Photo: Le Tan/Thanh Nien|
Shortly after the infection was confirmed on Monday morning, the city’s leaders asked local authorities to put on lockdown a village in Thuy Nguyen District where the confirmed case lives.
Other places where the patient passed by will be brought under social distancing status.
Immediate quarantine has been set to people who made contact with the confirmed case and disinfection work has been widely conducted.
The local government will provide free-of-charge essential goods to residents in the lockdown area.
The infection that was detected through massive testing among health workers, foreign experts, and people returning from affected areas has fueled speculation about wider community transmission.
The city’s army and local authorities are required to tighten control over quarantine while the local government is asked to report its Covid-19 prevention and control plans to the Party Committee everyday.
Hai Phong borders Hai Duong, where is the country's Covid-19 hotspot with nearly 600 cases since it first confirmed infections in late January.
- Van Don Int’l Airport reopens from March 3
- Vietnam ambassador re-nominated for UN International Law Commission
- Vietnam is doing its utmost for citizen protection in Texas
- Vietnam moves up among ranks of world’s top 60 soft power nations
- National database systems on population and citizen identification management launched
- Vietnam nominates 1,076 candidates for next term lawmakers
- Vietnam commits broader role in ASEAN environment protection 2021
- Germany to contribute additional EUR1.5B to global Covid vaccine sharing facility
- Vietnam increases spending for upcoming elections
- Vietnam applies for UN Human Rights Council membership
Hanoi youths set off for military service
Hanoi students to return to school next Tuesday amid tight medical control
Vietnam is doing its utmost for citizen protection in Texas
Illustrated paintings of Hanoi streets by Bui Xuan Phai
Vietnam, US to enhance economic cooperation after Covid-19
Hanoi to experience cold and rainy weather in coming days
New coronavirus variant found in dead Japanese patient in Vietnam
Climate change threatens world security: UN Security Council meeting
Heavenly scenery of green moss in Ly Son Island