Vietnam successfully cultivates nCoV in labs
The Hanoitimes - The successful cultivation of nCoV is the basis for future research and development of a vaccine against the virus and provides more effective preventive measures.
Vietnam’s National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology (NIHE) under the Ministry of Health announced on February 7 that it has successfully isolated and grown new coronaviruses in the laboratory, local media reported.
|Image of nCoV in the laboratory room. Photo: NIHE|
The successful cultivation of nCoV is the basis for future research and development of a vaccine against the virus and provides more effective preventive measures.
The institute said that this successful cultivation will enable rapid testing of nCoV infections and suspected cases.
As a result, Vietnam is capable of testing thousands of specimens every day if necessary.
Currently, Vietnam has more than 1,000 people returning from China and nearly 500 people in close contact with people infected with nCoV are isolated, monitored and tested.
According to the Ministry of Health, up to now, Vietnam still ensures enough biological products for testing.
- Vietnam health minister calls for tighter coronavirus control
- Vietnamese people put high trust in Russian Covid-19 vaccine
- Aging in Vietnam: The elderly to account for 20.4% by 2050
- One Covid-19 relapse suspect in Hanoi tests negative
- Vietnamese doctors carry out first-ever intestine transplants from live donors
- Vietnam successfully performs first simultaneous forearm transplant
- Two hotel employees in Hanoi exposed to Covid-19 patient test negative
- Vietnam may start human trial of Covid-19 vaccine this month
- Vietnam determined to remain safe from Covid-19 as winter nears
- Mass masking – significant factor for Vietnam’s Covid-19 success
Logistics firms in Hanoi only meet 25% of demand: City Party chief
Hoan Kiem lake, fantastic place in the heart of Hanoi
European businesses see Q4 investment more promising in Vietnam
How Vietnam weathers global health crisis and rises?
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam