Vietnam successfully cultivates nCoV in labs
The Hanoitimes - The successful cultivation of nCoV is the basis for future research and development of a vaccine against the virus and provides more effective preventive measures.
Vietnam’s National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology (NIHE) under the Ministry of Health announced on February 7 that it has successfully isolated and grown new coronaviruses in the laboratory, local media reported.
|Image of nCoV in the laboratory room. Photo: NIHE|
The successful cultivation of nCoV is the basis for future research and development of a vaccine against the virus and provides more effective preventive measures.
The institute said that this successful cultivation will enable rapid testing of nCoV infections and suspected cases.
As a result, Vietnam is capable of testing thousands of specimens every day if necessary.
Currently, Vietnam has more than 1,000 people returning from China and nearly 500 people in close contact with people infected with nCoV are isolated, monitored and tested.
According to the Ministry of Health, up to now, Vietnam still ensures enough biological products for testing.
- August 11: Vietnam confirms 16 more Covid-19 cases
- August 10: Vietnam announces 4 coronavirus deaths, all with acute renal failure
- August 10: Vietnam reports 14th coronavirus death
- August 9: Vietnam confirms 31 new coronavirus cases, 1 death
- Ministry of Health supports Hanoi in rRT-PCR testing
- Vietnam: Fifteen Covid-19 convalescents volunteer to donate plasma
- August 8: Coronavirus infections in Vietnam exceed 800
- August 8: Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally hits 789, more cases linked to Danang
- Covid-19 pandemic in Vietnam may peak in next ten days: Health official
- August 6: Vietnam reports 4 new Covid-19 cases, count hits 717
Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
PM expects Vietnam to remain Samsung’s global strategic production hub
Danang continues Covid-19 lockdown
Acceleration of investment program helps Vietnam mitigate Covid-19 impacts
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors