Vietnam to have new high-performance submarine data cable
The Hanoitimes - The new subsea cableis designed to consist of multiple pairs of optical fibers, enabling high-speed large data transmission between countries in East Asia and Southeast Asia.
A high-performance submarine cable connecting Vietnam with Singapore, the Philippines, Thailand, and China will be built, Thanhnien.vn reported.
The new subsea cable, owned by Asia Direct Cable (ADC) Consortium, is designed to consist of multiple pairs of optical fibers, enabling high-speed large data transmission between countries in East Asia and Southeast Asia.
New high-performance submarine data cable to connect Vietnam and Asian countries
Particularly, it will carry more than 140 Terabits per second (Tbps) of traffic, compared to the traffic capacity of 54.8 Tbps - the largest among all cables in Asia - currently provided by Asia Pacific Gateway (APG) cable system.
The new Internet cable is expected to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2022 and it will become the largest submarine data cable in Vietnam, three times the current APG cable.
With a large system capacity, the ADC cable route is capable of supporting applications with high bandwidth demand and driven by 5G technology, cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI).
The cable line promises to play a major role in strengthening the expansion of the regional connectivity network.
ADC submarine cable will play an important role in promoting digital transformation in the whole society and developing advanced technologies,” said Doan Dai Phong, deputy general director of Viettel Enterprise Solutions Corporation.
- Vietnamese private enterprises’ participation in e-government should be encouraged
- Vietnam speeds up production of Covid-19 vaccine
- Google share in Vietnam search market hits low on competition from Coc Coc
- International experts appreciate Vietnam’s high ranking in GII 2020
- A Vietnamese scientist develops treatment drug for Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam maintains high rankings in Global Innovation Index 2020
- Vietnamese students’ coronavirus-proof helmet wins top-10 award
- Vietnam innovation improves in three consecutive years
- Vingroup launches its new smartphone designed by Vietnamese team
- Joining FTAs, Vietnam strengthens intellectual property protection
Foreigners to Vietnam required to pay quarantine and testing fees
Lawfare in the South China Sea weighs on with EU Three rejection
How significant is Vietnam-US oil and gas cooperation?
Hanoi authorities to conduct public satisfation survey
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread