Over 30 million antibacterial face masks ready in April: Ministry
The Hanoitimes - Local face masks producers could provide nearly 60 million face masks to the market by the end of March 31, with an average production capacity of 1.1 million units per day.
In the first half of April, enterprises in Vietnam are scheduled to provide over 30 million antibacterial cloth face masks to the market, according to the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT).
The market could expect nearly 60 million face masks as of March 31, with average production capacity from over 20 major textile and garment companies, including Vietnam National Textile (Vinatex), at 1.1 million units per day, said a representative of the ministry's Domestic Market Department.
According to Vinatex, in the first two months of 2020, the group and its member companies supplied over 38 million face masks to the market. The corporation targets to maintain a production capacity of 28 – 30 million face masks per month.
In case demand surges, Vinatex could increase production capacity to nearly 50 million cloth face masks per month, it stated.
The MoIT maintains frequent communication channels with face masks producers to update their production capacities daily and provides guidance during the quality control process.
To accelerate the production, the MoIT would continue to help companies in the search for input materials, at the same time serving as a focal point between producers and distributors for greater efficiency in allocating face masks to the market or those in need.
- Vietnam takes new tax step to stimulate car market
- Vietnam wind sector to see growing opportunities: Fitch Solutions
- Productivity growth key to propel Vietnam to high-income economy: WB
- Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
- Vietnam slashes registration fee by half to rev up domestic car sales
- State-led approach expected to boost 5G deployment in Vietnam
- Vietnam needs US$15 billion a year to ensure energy security: Official
- Localization rate in Vietnam’s car industry remains low compared to regional peers
- SCG adds US$1.4 billion to Vietnam petrochemical project
- Vietnam enterprises look to put difficulties behind
Vietnam gov’t waives taxes to boost economic recovery
More than 340 Vietnamese citizens brought home from Taiwan
May 30: Newest Covid-19 patient in Vietnam is 1-year-old child
Singapore PM congratulates Vietnam on handling of Covid-19
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi