Vietnam, US hold 11th Political, Security and Defense Dialogue
The Hanoitimes - These annual dialogue further promotes the robust and growing bilateral relationship between the United States and Vietnam.
Vietnamese Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Nguyen Minh Vu and US Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs R. Clarke Cooper met virtually on September 23, 2020 to discuss bilateral security cooperation at the eleventh US-Vietnam Political, Security, and Defense Dialogue.
Vietnamese Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Nguyen Minh Vu (right center) participates in the 11th US-Vietnam Political, Security, and Defense Dialogue. Photo: baoquote.vn
Building on the success of the tenth Dialogue held in Washington, D.C. in March 2019, these talks further promoted the robust and growing bilateral relationship between the United States and Vietnam and reflected their shared commitment to a free, open, and independent Indo-Pacific region, the US Department of State said in a statement.
Topics discussed included security cooperation and defense trade; maritime security; peacekeeping; promoting international Women, Peace, and Security efforts; and humanitarian issues, including POW/MIA recovery and clearance of legacy unexploded munitions.
- Mike Pompeo to visit Vietnam October 29-30
- Vietnam hardens crackdown on toxic media content, with Facebook, Google concessions
- Smart city building helps improve national competitiveness: Vietnam PM
- Vietnam to receive US$51.5 million for efforts against carbon emissions and deforestation
- Vietnam coastline increasingly exposed to natural disasters: WB
- Vietnam and Japan agree on entry protocol for short term visits
- HSBC joins hands with WWF-Vietnam in mangrove forest restoration project
- Vietnam Communist Party seeks public opinions for draft Congress political report
- Vietnam’s National Assembly convenes semi-annual meeting
- Vietnam ranks higher in Asian Power Index 2020
Mike Pompeo to visit Vietnam October 29-30
French experts to arrive in Hanoi soon for metro safety evaluation
Sweden willing to support Vietnam to embrace Industry 4.0: Ambassador
Hanoi proposes solutions for replacing plastic ware
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam