Vietnamese Kim Dental secures US$24 million in Series B round
The Hanoitimes - The Vietnamese company plans to build a leading dental clinic chain in Vietnam.
Kim Dental, a Vietnamese dental system operator, has secured US$24 million in Series B round led by ABC World Asia, Temasek-backed private equity impact fund.
|Vietnamese Kim Dental secures US$24 million in Series B round. Photo: Kim Dental|
The new capital will further support Kim Dental with expanding the delivery of affordable and reliable oral healthcare services across Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh City-headquartered Kim Dental currently operates a fast-growing network of 19 dental clinics across four cities in Vietnam and a dental laboratory that supports its clinic network with in-house production of dental crowns, dentures and bridges.
“Oral health, despite being an important component of primary healthcare, is often neglected and continues to pose a major public health concern in many developing countries,” David Heng, Founder and CEO of ABC World Asia, said. “The improvement of health outcomes is a key impact focus for us.”
According to Heng, Kim Dental is delivering affordable and quality oral healthcare to communities across Vietnam. "With its comprehensive approach towards professionalising dental operations, improving clinical training, and elevating customer service quality, the Vietnamese company is driving positive oral health outcomes anchored on affordability, quality, awareness, and prevention," he added.
ABC World Asia made the investment via its inaugural $304 million fund, which is backed by Temasek Trust, Temasek, Pavilion Capital, Mapletree Investments, Seatown Holdings, Sembcorp Industries and Singapore Power.
- Vietnamese proptech startup raises US$1 million in pre-series A round
- Vietnam needs to build hub airports
- Covid-19 pandemic makes no hurdle to Vietnam's building plan of SEA largest airport: Experts
- Vietnam needs US$320.6-billion for power industry by 2045
- Vietnam, US to enhance economic cooperation after Covid-19
- Supply chain diversion increases tech giants’ interests in Vietnam: HSBC
- European businesses more positive about Vietnam investment environment in 2021
- Vietnamese Kim Dental secures US$24 million in Series B round
- Vietnam needs a task force to promote business environment reform
- RCEP reminds the world of Vietnam’s bright future
No violation of human rights in Covid-19 fight in Vietnam
Aviation authority wants to allow Boeing 737 Max airplanes entering Vietnam airspace
Vietnam Ao dai Week 2021 has been strongly responded
Vietnam to elect top positions at next parliament session
Hanoi nominates candidates for next term parliament
PM expects more Vietnamese multinationals to emerge by 2045
Vietnam eyes potential of homemade Covid-19 vaccine
Securities association expresses concern over prospect of 1,000 shares minimum trading lot
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar