Vietnam to launch app on nCoV as hotlines overloaded
The Hanoitimes - Corona app will help people assess their risk of infection, take self protection measures as well as contact health stations.
The Ministry of Health is working with Military Telecom Industry Group (Viettel) to develop an app on mobile phones to help people know how to prevent the new coronavirus, Cafef.vn quoted Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long as saying at a press conference on February 5.
Long said this app will help people assess their risk of infection, take self protection measures as well as contact health stations.
"In a few days, this app will be completed and put into use. Through the app, health workers will find it easier to support the people in assessing the risk of infection," said the deputy minister.
He added that people’s calls to the heath ministry’s emergency lines are mostly to inquire about the disease situation as well as signs, symptoms and prevention measures. The app will provide the most accurate information, avoid fake news and help ease people’s confusion during the nCoV epidemic.
For the past three days, traffic to Ministry of Health’s official website has increased sharply. There have been about 43,000 calls to the ministry’s hotlines to ask how to prevent on respiratory illness caused by the new coronavirus, Long said.
- Vietnamese private enterprises’ participation in e-government should be encouraged
- Vietnam speeds up production of Covid-19 vaccine
- Google share in Vietnam search market hits low on competition from Coc Coc
- International experts appreciate Vietnam’s high ranking in GII 2020
- A Vietnamese scientist develops treatment drug for Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam maintains high rankings in Global Innovation Index 2020
- Vietnamese students’ coronavirus-proof helmet wins top-10 award
- Vietnam innovation improves in three consecutive years
- Vingroup launches its new smartphone designed by Vietnamese team
- Joining FTAs, Vietnam strengthens intellectual property protection
Hanoi Old Quarter tinged with spectacular reddish hues during Mid-Autumn Festival
Dragon Dance Festival to return to Hanoi next month
Vietnam, foreign experts to discuss how to build Hanoi into UNESCO Creative City
What’s behind the Mekong-US Partnership?
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread