Vietnam to launch app on nCoV as hotlines overloaded
The Hanoitimes - Corona app will help people assess their risk of infection, take self protection measures as well as contact health stations.
The Ministry of Health is working with Military Telecom Industry Group (Viettel) to develop an app on mobile phones to help people know how to prevent the new coronavirus, Cafef.vn quoted Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long as saying at a press conference on February 5.
Long said this app will help people assess their risk of infection, take self protection measures as well as contact health stations.
"In a few days, this app will be completed and put into use. Through the app, health workers will find it easier to support the people in assessing the risk of infection," said the deputy minister.
He added that people’s calls to the heath ministry’s emergency lines are mostly to inquire about the disease situation as well as signs, symptoms and prevention measures. The app will provide the most accurate information, avoid fake news and help ease people’s confusion during the nCoV epidemic.
For the past three days, traffic to Ministry of Health’s official website has increased sharply. There have been about 43,000 calls to the ministry’s hotlines to ask how to prevent on respiratory illness caused by the new coronavirus, Long said.
- Malware found to disguise coronavirus information
- Vietnamese engineers create website on coronavirus in 12 hours
- Vietnam to launch app on nCoV as hotlines overloaded
- Vietnam: Fastest-growing digital economy in Asia-Pacific
- First 5G video call made in Vietnam with locally produced equipment
- Vietnam to launch commercial 5G services in 2020
- Computer malware causes US$860 million damage to Vietnam
- Vietnam needs to pioneer 5G deployment: PM
- Vietnamese news portals and websites are favorite targets of hackers
- Innovation is key in Vietnam's digital transformation: Deputy minister
Covid-19 not all bad for Vietnam: Savills executives
Fitch trims Vietnam GDP growth forecast to 6.3% on Covid-19
FDI inflow to Vietnam sees good year ahead
Covid-19 dampens Vietnam businesses’ optimism: Survey
Vietnam raises red flag to visitors from coronavirus-hit areas
Covid-19 outbreak in S.Korea causes further problems for Vietnam’s economy
Covid-19 pushes Vietnam’s aviation industry to the limit
ASEAN-China cooperation against Covid-19: Transparent information sharing
ASEAN defense forces join hands to combat Covid-19