Vietnam’s pandemic epicenter removes lockdown
Source of transmission in Hai Duong remains unknown but the first cases were detected at a China-invested company.
Hai Duong, the pandemic epicenter of the fresh coronavirus outbreak in Vietnam, has removed social distancing measures in the entire province from March 3 after two weeks of movement restrictions.
|Chi Linh City and some parts of Hai Duong remove lockdown on March 3. Photo: Giang Huy/VNExpress|
Its Chi Linh City and seven districts have also been relaxed from lockdown status after a month of the virus resurgence.
|Joy on faces of local people after the ristriction removal.|
Hundreds of pandemic checkpoints across the province have been removed, enabling people to resume routine activities.
|Movement restrictions no longer required.|
After the removal of restrictions, people in seven districts and Chi Linh City are required to avoid a crowd gathering of over 30 people and keep distance of two meters in public.
|Barriers at a coronavirus checkpoint removed.|
Meanwhile, three districts and one city remain under lockdown until March 17.
|Authorities remove checkpoint barriers.|
Hai Duong is the Covid-19 hotspot with 684 out of 868 new infections in Vietnam from January 28. The province is now home to 387 Covid-19 patients and nearly 3,000 people under compulsory quarantine.
- Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
- Citizen engagement makes Covid-19 fight successful in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Brunei seek further comprehensive partnership
- Vietnam President vows to support ASEAN Community Vision 2025
- Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
- Shipbuilding: Iconic India-Vietnam defense partnership
- Daniel Kritenbrink awarded medal for contributions to Vietnam-US relations
- New government expected to address existing issues
- ASEAN and partners’ defense officials prepare for joint statement
- Vietnam-US relations definitely go further: Daniel Kritenbrink
Citizen engagement makes Covid-19 fight successful in Vietnam
C.bank expects credit growth to exceed 12%-target for 2021
Japanese and Vietnamese artists to perform symphony concert
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking
Vietnam to cut research time of Covid-19 vaccines amid thin supply
Corporate bonds of real estate - risky commercial debt for investors