Vietnam's tourist hub may declare Covid-19 free: Ministry
Apart from the only case detected on January 17, no other infection has been found in Vietnam's south central province of Khanh Hoa.
It’s been 30 days that Vietnam's south central province of Khanh Hoa has not detected any new infection of Covid-19 and its provincial authorities are preparing to declare the end of the Covid-19 epidemic, the Voice of Vietnam quoted Deputy Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen as saying on February 17.
A hotel receptionist in Nha Trang receives a bouquet from a doctor at Khanh Hoa Hospital for Tropical Diseases as she is discharged. Photo: Binh Vu
Tuyen noted that apart from the only case detected on January 17, no other infection has been found in the province, whose capital city is the internationally-known resort city of Nha Trang.
"The provincial government has been implementing disease prevention measures in accordance with regulations and guidance of specialized agencies," the deputy minister said.
In the north central provincial of Thanh Hoa, only one infection of Covid-19 had been recorded since January 24. The patient was a Vietnamese worker sent by a Japanese company to Wuhan for training.
In the next five days, if no new infection is found in the province, the Ministry of Health will also allow the province to declare the end of the epidemic.
Deputy Minister of Health Do Xuan Tuyen also affirmed that the epidemic prevention in Vinh Phuc province, which has the largest number of infected people in Vietnam, is implemented effectively. So far, there have been no new cases in the past seven days.
As of February 17, Vietnam has reported 16 cases of infection, of them seven have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
- Cho Ray Hospital recognized as regional nephrology training center
- Vietnam to receive 811,200 Covax vaccine doses in early April
- Vietnam gives nod to Russian made Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam’s first kidney transplant for boy with genetic mutation succeeds
- Vietnam to receive over 5.6 million Covid-19 vaccine doses in two months
- Hanoi’s health sector details Covid-19 vaccine rollout plan
- Vietnam warned to be on high alert of H5N8 avian flu strain
- Bluezone Covid-19 tracking app exceeds 30 million downloads
- Vietnam has first super-cold freezer for Covid-19 vaccines
- Nearly 600 direct contacts of deceased Japanese patient negative for coronavirus
NordCham seeks greater cooperation with Hanoi in green urban development
Sexual violence in conflict: thorny issue bothers UN Security Council
Biden nominates expert on Asia as ambassador to Vietnam
Ba Vi Tourism Festival - Highlight of Hanoi’s suburban tourism
Remarkable tour packages offered Reunification Day and Labor Day holidays
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking