Viettel pioneers in testing 4G services
The military-run telecoms group, Viettel, on May 12 has become the first network operator in the nation to allow its customers to use the fourth generation (4G) technology on a trial basis.
The Hanoitimes - The military-run telecoms group, Viettel, on May 12 has become the first network operator in the nation to allow its customers to use the fourth generation (4G) technology on a trial basis.
From May 12 to August 31, 240 Viettel mobile subscribers in big cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh will be experienced with 4G USB devices to gain access to 4G services. The broadband of 4G technology is around 7 times higher than that of 3G technology.
Viettel Telecom Director, Mr Hoang Son, said the testing and trial use will help the operator in assessing the real capability and working on a plan on the investment and preparation for the infrastructure to officially supply the service.
Earlier, in September 2010, the Ministry of Information and Communications granted five licenses for the testing of 4G technology to Viettel, VNPT, CMC, FPT and VTC. These services providers will have one or two years to assess the 4G technology and users’ requirements in Vietnam.
Currently, there are about 17 network operators providing 4G services in the world.
- Vietnam prioritizes cybersecurity for digital platforms
- US willing to share technology to help Vietnam in energy transition
- Vietnam reports over 5,400 cyber-attacks in first five months
- “Establishment of Vietnam-Australia Center” project inked in Hanoi
- A foreign man arrested for alledgedly hacking Vietnamese banks
- Online application for Vietnamese passport to start June 1
- Vietnamese enterprise receives US exclusive protection for two patents
- Facebook to charge 5% VAT on ad services in Vietnam
- Global Blockchain Conference to be held in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
India naval ships visit Vietnam
Eggs Festival held in Vietnam gather Michelin cooks
Vietnamese list among most willing travelers
A sanction, provocation, or testing option?
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
Fiercer storms forecast to hit Vietnam towards year-end
Bun cha listed in the British Queen's Platinum Jubilee Cookbook
Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in culture, education and tourism