ADB’s assistance key for Hanoi's main infrastructure projects: Mayor
Hanoi is mobilizing resources and support from development partners for infrastructure development.
The support of development partners, including the Asian Development Bank (ADB), in terms of capital and technical assistance is key for Hanoi to build the network of bridges crossing the Red River and other major infrastructure projects.
|Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Tran Sy Thanh and ADB Country Director to Vietnam Andrew Jeffries. Photo: The Hanoi Times
Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Tran Sy Thanh pointed out during a meeting with ADB Country Director to Vietnam Andrew Jeffries today [November 29].
“This is particularly important as Hanoi is mobilizing resources and experts from partners for infrastructure development,” Thanh said.
At the meeting, Hanoi’s mayor appreciated the support of ADB for Vietnam in general, and Hanoi in particular, over the past 30 years, especially in essential transport infrastructure projects.
Thanh called for the ADB to continue cooperating with the city in implementing the Ring Road No.4 project – Hanoi capital zone, participating in the revision of the Capital Law, and supporting the capital in issuing bonds to raise capital for socio-economic development.
For his part, ADB Country Director Andrew Jeffries expressed his delight to see the bank’s active role in partnering with the city in its development process over the past 30 years.
According to Jeffries, ADB is supporting Hanoi in implementing the metro line projects section Nhon – Hanoi station and Hanoi station – Hoang Mai.
Jeffries also proposed new projects, including a facilitating city, to contribute to the city’s development.
The ADB’s representative suggested the project aims to optimize the city’s infrastructure, urban services, and transport for further development.
- "The Sound of Hanoi" song composition contest debuts
- Hanoi to approve capital planning for 2021-2030 in March
- Hanoi offers conditions for overseas Vietnamese's contributions at home
- Pen-brush opening ceremony: Vietnam's tradition honors learning
- Traditional rice cooking festival in Hanoi enthralls locals and tourists
- Hanoi works to reduce pollution in craft villages
- Foreign poets to recite at Vietnam Poetry Day
- Hanoi set to hold dialogue with businesses to facilitate growth
- Hanoi to promote people-to-people diplomacy in 2024
- Hanoian teachers get creative to instill love of history in students
Hanoi launches Reading Cultural Ambassador Contest
Vietnam news in brief - February 20
Hanoi encourages firms to sell to foreign distribution networks
Vietnam joins mega multinational naval exercise
National status for Hanoi's intangible heritage
Pen-brush opening ceremony: Vietnam's tradition honors learning
Site clearance is key for 500kV power line
Vietnam news in brief - February 17
Hanoi's Saint Giong Festival underway